Trac bar bracket

Jeepmaverick

Installing some new d44s on the jeep(thanks to jk12blk) and the front trac bar bracket is too narrow to fit my JKS adjustable bar. It's the rock crawler bracket, my bar would fit if it weren't for an extra metal piece on the inside of where the bolt goes through. I've tried wedging and wd40 and all but no luck. Now I can weld and have all the equipment, do y'all think I should grind my bracket off my old axle and weld it on the new axle or grind off the extra piece and see if it works then? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387327163.480455.jpg
The innermost metal piece on the right side of the mount. Thanks for the help guys.

Jeepmaverick

Edit: the right side in the pic(front in reality) and it looks a lot closer to fitting in the pic due to the angle. I know they're supposed to be tight but it just ain't gonna happen

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Try placing a large crescent wrench on the mount and use it to bend it back a bit. That might help to give you the room you need. If the difference is too great, you may have to get a new track bar or replace your mount.

Jeepmaverick

Thanks Eddie but I already tried that. I would have to bend it too far. So you think I should put my old bracket on? ...or if budget allows buy a new bracket?

Tumbleweed

Could you cut the bushing down some to thin it out? If not, I would cut out the extra metal piece and reinforce the remaining bracketry as needed.

Good Luck & let us know what you do and the results.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie but I already tried that. I would have to bend it too far. So you think I should put my old bracket on? ...or if budget allows buy a new bracket?

Well that's lame. What old bracket do you have? Assuming you have this because you are running a draglink flip or dropped pitman arm, whatever bracket you have will need to be a relocation bracket like what you have on now.

Jeepmaverick

I couldn't tell you the brand. I've had it on the jeep since I put the lift on 3 years ago but I run the drag link flip on it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't tell you the brand. I've had it on the jeep since I put the lift on 3 years ago but I run the drag link flip on it

But is it a relocation bracket? In other words, does it raise your track bar mount up higher? I ask because it is essential that it does when running a drag link flip. Also, I personally wouldn't just run any ol' relocation bracket as some lack the reinforcement needed to prevent the tearing off of the factory mount. Do you still have your factory track bar? If so, I would just run it. With a relocation bracket, you really shouldn't need an adjustable track bar. Certainly, by doing this, you won't have to spend any more money.

Jeepmaverick

Yes it's a relocation bracket. I run the adj bar because the factory one went out and I figured if I ever change stuff up I can have the adjustable bar plus the heavy duty compared to factory. I had thought about what tumbleweed said, what are your thoughts on that?

Top Bottom