Is this from a bad clock spring?

mtnbiker995

So all my dash lights that would indicate a bad clock spring came on today...but look at the picture, my cruise still works just fine. Also, my abs works perfectly along with the traction control. I just tested them out in a snowy field.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387461014.878517.jpg

Could these still mean a bad clock spring or no since all my safety features still work fine?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mtnbiker995

from what i have read yes it most likely is a bad clock spring.

I thought the same thing at first too but I've also read that the cruise and traction control don't work when the clock spring is bad. Thanks or the feedback

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I thought the same thing at first too but I've also read that the cruise and traction control don't work when the clock spring is bad. Thanks or the feedback

i havent heard that one. try searching airbag light and you should see a bunch of posts about it. maybe somewhere in the other threads someone will have some more info on it as well.

Road_king

Mine acted that way when I broke the clock spring. My dealer replaced it under my extended warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

txjeeplover

When my clockspring failed, my only warning light was the airbag MIL. The cruise and horn continued to function as normal. This isn't always the case and depends on which sections of the clockspring's ribbon have worn, broken, or shorted out.

mtnbiker995

Awesome thanks guys. . .I don't have the extended warranty but I'll still take mine into the stealership and see what they say they can do

Top Bottom