Front brakelines

Hightower

Looking for ideas on how to protect my front brake lines from getting crushed in my coilover front shocks. I currently us small pieces of rubber hose and plastic ties.

Use a small spring. Connect it to the line then the other side to the frame or what you feel like is a good location. When in flex the spring will flex and give , when not flexed or under compression the spring will pull the line back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Use a small spring. Connect it to the line then the other side to the frame or what you feel like is a good location. When in flex the spring will flex and give , when not flexed or under compression the spring will pull the line back.

LOL!! yup, i've done this on other rigs using an old throttle return spring and it works great.

having said that, on rubicat, mel came up with an idea of re-routing the brake line in front of the coil and so far, that's worked great. i'll try to post up a pic later today if i can.

GCM 2

Chris, here is a photo of my rig immediately after I picked it up from Off Road Evolution. You can see my front brake lines are zipped tied to the corrugated wire loom the wheel/abs sensor runs through.

Attachments

• image-2651807590.jpg
    image-2651807590.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 73

Hightower

GCM 2 said:
Chris, here is a photo of my rig immediately after I picked it up from Off Road Evolution. You can see my front brake lines are zipped tied to the corrugated wire loom the wheel/abs sensor runs through.

Done. The brake lines will be even better protected when they are behind my triple by pass shock like yours is. Thanks everyone one for the advice.

Top Bottom