Wheel Speed Routing Q

So I'm laying all my parts out an preparing myself mentally for my upcoming lift install and have a few questions that isn't covered in the directions. I searched here too, but still didn't come up with an answer so here they are:

I ordered extended brake lines, but the wheel speed sensors run right along with them from the factory. What does everyone do with them to allow for the increased flex? (This question is for both the front and rear.) The lift directions shows removing the old line from the cable and then leaves all mention of it out of every step there-after. (must be magic)

Another thing left unanswered is what everyone does with the e-brake cables. Mine are VERY tight with the stock flex. What is done to allow for the increased droop?

Any pictures or ideas is appreciated. (I can't find "Good" line routing pics).

If it matters I am not installing coil-overs or anything fancy, just a plain 3.5" short-arm kit with 5160 Bilsteins.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
So I'm laying all my parts out an preparing myself mentally for my upcoming lift install and have a few questions that isn't covered in the directions. I searched here too, but still didn't come up with an answer so here they are:

I ordered extended brake lines, but the wheel speed sensors run right along with them from the factory. What does everyone do with them to allow for the increased flex? (This question is for both the front and rear.) The lift directions shows removing the old line from the cable and then leaves all mention of it out of every step there-after. (must be magic)

Another thing left unanswered is what everyone does with the e-brake cables. Mine are VERY tight with the stock flex. What is done to allow for the increased droop?

Any pictures or ideas is appreciated. (I can't find "Good" line routing pics).

If it matters I am not installing coil-overs or anything fancy, just a plain 3.5" short-arm kit with 5160 Bilsteins.

I don't have extended brake lines, so no answer to that question. I am wondering the same thing about the E-brake cables. I didn't do anything with them after installing my 3.5" lift, now one of them has a small tear or cut in the casing from the bracket that holds them above the diff. I am not too sure about removing the bracket and letting them dangle, anyone think it'd be ok?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For the e brake cable I just took it off of the hanger in the back and let it hang. This way it can travel. When you take it off of the hanger you can see it will sit in the same spot basically anyway

Sent from my iPhone

For the e brake cable I just took it off of the hanger in the back and let it hang. This way it can travel. When you take it off of the hanger you can see it will sit in the same spot basically anyway
Sent from my iPhone

Do they rattle or bang around? (I'm hyper-sensitive to noises on my vehicles)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do they rattle or bang around? (I'm hyper-sensitive to noises on my vehicles)

Honestly couldn't tell you if they do or not. My mud grapplers are so loud I don't even bother turning the radio on most days lol but I do love the hummm they have. I will go out and take a pic for you just give me a few

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly couldn't tell you if they do or not. My mud grapplers are so loud I don't even bother turning the radio on most days lol but I do love the hummm they have. I will go out and take a pic for you just give me a few

Sent from my iPhone

Here you go

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387571548.666415.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

JayKay

Caught the Bug

Sent from my iPhone

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure no one was having issues with them getting hung up if the bracket was removed.

You-da-man! Thank you for the quick pic. :beer: It looks like there really isn't much for them to rattle on, and if they do a little zip-tied pipe insulation should fix it. My OCD will require removal of the old bracket (wire) though :thumb:

Now I just need some love for routing of the wheel-speed sensor wiring.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
You-da-man! Thank you for the quick pic. :beer: It looks like there really isn't much for them to rattle on, and if they do a little zip-tied pipe insulation should fix it. My OCD will require removal of the old bracket (wire) though :thumb:

I think I saw a thread on the ABS wire routing somewhere on the forum. Do a search, you might come across something. I remember seeing something about taking some clips out at the top of the wheel well and you gain some slack that way, then zip tie them to the brake lines.

I think I saw a thread on the ABS wire routing somewhere on the forum. Do a search, you might come across something. I remember seeing something about taking some clips out at the top of the wheel well and you gain some slack that way, then zip tie them to the brake lines.

I searched on "abs wiring", "abs routing", "abs cable", and "abs wire routing" and came up empty handed. (although I could've missed it)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

No problem man that's the beauty of having the day off from work and just relaxing at home lol glad I could help

Sent from my iPhone

TheDuff

On the front abs wire, u will find a couple inches of slack. There are a couple places where the wire is held by a little bracket on the back of the knuckle, pulling the wire out of these spots will give you the slack your looking for :)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

On the front abs wire, u will find a couple inches of slack. There are a couple places where the wire is held by a little bracket on the back of the knuckle, pulling the wire out of these spots will give you the slack your looking for :)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sweet! Thank you. I was hoping this would be the case, but I didn't want to start the install on hopes.

Top Bottom