How to: Rear seat annoying rattle solved

In5ane1

Ive seen many posts about rattling in the rear of jeep. While there could be many causes, mine was the seat. I could hit the back of the seat with my hand and it would vibrate....recreating that annoying sound. It was the 3/4 sized seat piece.

The cause is that the cables connecting the latches on top of the seat with bottom hooks were loose. Meaning, there are clips internally that hold the cables from moving/vibrating. My cables were just floating around touching the metal seat back. Therefore any bumps and/or road vibrations cause them to vibrate, driving you Insane!

To fix, climb in rear of jeep and lay the smaller seat piece forward to gain better access to larger seat piece. Looking at rear of seat, feel along bottom edge and you will notice that there is a plastic clip across bottom (backside of seat) that needs detached. Grab the bottom of clip and rotate up toward you to unhook. Reminds me of how you would remove the rear quarter window from jeep tub. Just a long plastic clip.

Next, on each side of seat there are zippers that go maybe a quarter of the way up the sides of the seat (you may have to dig to find end of zipper). Once you do all of this, you should be able to reach into middle of seat ( will have to do this from both ends as there are two cables) and place cables on hooks that are built into rear of seat. You can kinda see where the hooks are located by lifting rear seat material as much as possible.

Problem solved!!!

Sorry, no pics for now. Hope this helps someone out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thanks for this! if i put my seat back in the back i will have to see if it rattles. if it does i now know how to fix it.

Top Bottom