Wave from Afghanistan

FireWire79

Hey all you Jeep enthusiasts out there.

Giving you a preemptive wave from Afghanistan. I just picked up an 07 JK 2DR Rubicon from a dealer in New Jersey. It'll be all mine when I get home from this deployment. This isn't my first Jeep, or my first Rubi either. My last Rubi was an 04 TJ that I loved to wheel all the time. No lift, crappy all-terrain tires, and that bad MOFO still went everywhere I pointed it. With the JK, though it still has no lift did at least come with some better tires on it that my last ride.

The dealer took down the pics, so I can't post any right now. But in the works I have a small build list already fired up.

AEV 2.5" Lift with Geometery Correction Brackets
Front and Rear Bumpers with a swing out tire carrier
Winch with synthetic line
Tube Doors (my wife doesn't like having no doors, but tubes are just fine :) )
Overland metal fenders in the front from MetalCloak (that's way down the list, but they look so nice)

That's it for now, keeping the list simple, the CG low, and the flex to the max.

Take care for now.

SGT Schoof, Erik M.
United States Army
Prime Power Production

Webe

Gratz on the Jeep

Did you go through the AFFEES dealer in Afghanistan to get your extra deployment discount?

Moto5195

Thanks for your service! And welcome to wayalife! That'll be a nice set up you'll have!! Stay safe over there!

FireWire79

Nope

Did you go through the AFFEES dealer in Afghanistan to get your extra deployment discount?

I thought about it, but the prices they quoted me for a Wrangler X cost me more than what I paid for the 07 Rubi, by almost $4000.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Hey welcome to our Wayalife and congrats on your purchase.

Thanks for your service.

Let the build begin and join our world of insanity

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

finger3

Welcome to Wayalife. My prayers go out with you over there to come home safe. Good luck with your build.:thumb::beer::standing wave:

FireWire79

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'll post some pics up as soon as I see it for the first time in person. My wife is going to cool enough to pick me up in it when I come home.

I'll keep doing my homework in the mean time, and try to nail down the best build for me.

Top Bottom