Warrior Tail Lights?

Hack12

I was planning on grabbing a set of the Warrior Tail Lights until I noticed that their installation requires you to cut into the bed around the tail light housing. I'm certainly not afraid of cutting into my Jeep for something worthwhile, just seems a bit extreme for a set of tail light covers! In addition, one customer's review stated that he had to use silicone to seal the housing properly because it was such a piss poor fit! I'm really kinda bummed now because I love the retro look they have.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387754100.128164.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387754323.111151.jpg
Anybody who has had personal experience with these tail lights please let me know if you also had the same bad fitment issues as some others have described.

Cheers!🍺

Last edited:

Hack12

I just came across these in my search and really like them. They are a military style LED tail light that is completely plug n' play with no cutting or drilling required.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387754968.724588.jpg

http://youtu.be/SybR3WPrvTI

The catch...they cost $545!

Um, yeah...I think I'll just buy a pair of Trucklite headlamps for that price! If these things were priced around $200, like they should be, I would scoop up a pair right now. Too bad.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I just came across these in my search and really like them. They are a military style LED tail light that is completely plug n' play with no cutting or drilling required.

View attachment 61213

http://youtu.be/SybR3WPrvTI

The catch...they cost $545!

Um, yeah...I think I'll just buy a pair of Trucklite headlamps for that price! If these things were priced around $200, like they should be, I would scoop up a pair right now. Too bad.

Personally I don't see any problem with the stock tail lights. With the exception that they can at times get hung up on trees or rocks, but that is not a huge problem. I can't justify replacing them just for looks, unless it is for functionality like the round lights used in the EVO rear skins which are flush mounted. IMHO of course.

Brankz

Those look pretty cool. I can't tell, are they flush with the body? Do they come with everything, $160 seems cheap?

Yup! The are pretty bad ass, and the back up light is super brith. Google the name in the pic and buy them From eBay

Last edited:

Hack12

Personally I don't see any problem with the stock tail lights. With the exception that they can at times get hung up on trees or rocks, but that is not a huge problem. I can't justify replacing them just for looks, unless it is for functionality like the round lights used in the EVO rear skins which are flush mounted. IMHO of course.

Yeah, I agree. I'm all for buying stuff purely for aesthetics if that's your thing, but $545 for tail lights?!? That's just insanity.

Those EVO skins are my absolute favorite. Do they come powder coated and with the LED lenses upon delivery?

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Those EVO skins are my absolute favorite. Do they come powder coated and with the LED lenses upon delivery?

No you purchase them separately as you have many options when it comes to the lighting, LED, incandescent etc. But it is an option when purchasing them through Off Road Evolution. :yup::thumb:

Hack12

No you purchase them separately as you have many options when it comes to the lighting, LED, incandescent etc. But it is an option when purchasing them through Off Road Evolution. :yup::thumb:

I'm going to head to their website now and check out some of their stuff. It may just be easier to PM them on here now that they are an official sponsor of Wayalife!

Jkjamesdawson

I installed the warrior housings and lights after I destroyed a stock light on a tree. The warriors are relatively low profile and made of solid steel. Haven't had an issue since. I don't recall a figment issue....they supply a rubber liner to act as a seal and buffer frol the sheet metal.

Do it.

Hack12

I installed the warrior housings and lights after I destroyed a stock light on a tree. The warriors are relatively low profile and made of solid steel. Haven't had an issue since. I don't recall a figment issue....they supply a rubber liner to act as a seal and buffer frol the sheet metal.

Do it.

Hmm, I like the sound of that.

Jkjamesdawson

Warrior is also one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. I also have their jk hood mount kit for my highlift jack...I broke one of the threaded knobs used to secure the jack on the post, it was completely my fault. I contacted them hoping to buy a replacement and a spare and they just shipped them out for free. The guy on the phone said "warrior products don't fail, if they do we will make it right". That's a company I can get behind.

Hack12

Warrior is also one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. I also have their jk hood mount kit for my highlift jack...I broke one of the threaded knobs used to secure the jack on the post, it was completely my fault. I contacted them hoping to buy a replacement and a spare and they just shipped them out for free. The guy on the phone said "warrior products don't fail, if they do we will make it right". Didn't charge me for anything...not even the shipping. That's a company I can get behind.

Wow, that's really cool, and rare. My only reservation is having to cut into the tub and not being able to go back to the OEM tail lights if need be.

Top Bottom