Fancy Radio v. Top Down/Rain

Chewie422

So, every car these days has some kind of fancy radio with GPS, SAT, COFFEE, ASS SCRATCHER...etc. So, my question, is there such a thing for JK or Wrangler in general that can stand up to the rain when I'm too lazy to put the top up? Maybe something in the Marine sector? Thanks guys/gals!

FrankenJeeper

I haven't had any issues with my factory radio yet and I've been in some bad rain with no top or doors.

I have seen an aftermarket radio cover that's designed to make it hard to steal, but I imagine it'd work to keep rain out to an extent as well.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So, every car these days has some kind of fancy radio with GPS, SAT, COFFEE, ASS SCRATCHER...etc. So, my question, is there such a thing for JK or Wrangler in general that can stand up to the rain when I'm too lazy to put the top up? Maybe something in the Marine sector? Thanks guys/gals!

Greetings,

Fancy ass radio owner here, stock JK with satellite/Nav. I've had my JK out in the rain while topless and doorless. It was more of an unexpected rain and it didn't damage any components.

If you plan on disregarding the potential for damage to electrical components inside of your rig, there are marine radios made by Pioneer and Alpine.

Brankz

I have a nice DVD gps apps radio, and I left the top Down in the rain over night and nothing happen still good.

mtnbiker995

I have a pioneer avh3200bt and I've had it soaked before, still works fine

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fancy ass radio owner here, stock JK with satellite/Nav. I've had my JK out in the rain while topless and doorless. It was more of an unexpected rain and it didn't damage any components.

Yup, been there - done that and in a BIG downpour that lasted about an hour. We were totally soaked and our CB radio got fried but our factory radio survived.

FireWire79

Marine

I would take a look at marine radios if I were you. They are desgined for use in wet environments after all. And you can get all the features that you would like, with the exception of GPS. But BT, iPod link, USB ports, etc. all that's available. Plus, some of them come with NOAA channels built in, just in case the weather is starting to look bad, you could get a heads up.

Top Bottom