2-Post Lift

StrizzyChris

Lifts are amazing and I love using them. I have never heard anyone complain about one except for them being stationary! If you have the cash and desire, I say do it!

seanb123

In my buddies shop were I do all my jeep and other car work he has a very similar lift love it if you got the money it's well wort it and they hold value well

One of my hesitations is that while I have 6" of concrete, it doesn't have metal in it. The requirements are for 4" with metal. I will need to call them to see if it is okay or not.

JK12

The lifts I've always used are bendpak and they are awesome and easy to use. As for installation they had it installed by professionals. I also think that company makes a smaller two post lift that you can unbolt from the ground and move it out of the way when not in use. It's a bit small but would maybe work

Jeffk24

I have a Challenger two post that I just got as an early Christmas present. It's the E10 which is their "economy" version. I can say even though it's their cheaper version...the construction and components are outstanding. Very happy with mine. My installer likes the Challengers better than the Bendpaks. I've worked with both and wouldn't hesitate going with either. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387843173.928174.jpg

Rebel JK

One of my hesitations is that while I have 6" of concrete, it doesn't have metal in it. The requirements are for 4" with metal. I will need to call them to see if it is okay or not.

I would be curious what they tell you. There's a hell of a liability there if your slab cracks and or sinks. Its hard for them to guage the strength of your concrete and will most likely have you sign a waiver as its set on your concrete. Id be safe and beef up the slab if there's any question.
Definitely safety first here!

I would be curious what they tell you. There's a hell of a liability there if your slab cracks and or sinks. Its hard for them to guage the strength of your concrete and will most likely have you sign a waiver as its set on your concrete. Id be safe and beef up the slab if there's any question.
Definitely safety first here!

Before I could even get the whole question out they said I'm fine on the concrete... To your points on safety I even pushed a little bit and asked if it would be better to tell the concrete in that area and they quickly said; "No, as long as the concrete in the area isn't cracked it's more than sufficient."

I was very surprised. The only thing they suggested is that I look at the ACX as it is wider and easier to use.

sent from my wiz-bang time killing machine

I have a Challenger two post that I just got as an early Christmas present. It's the E10 which is their "economy" version. I can say even though it's their cheaper version...the construction and components are outstanding. Very happy with mine. My installer likes the Challengers better than the Bendpaks. I've worked with both and wouldn't hesitate going with either.

Thanks I'll give the Challenger lifts a look see.

Good to hear! Thats going to be one nice setup with whichever one you go with.

I hope so.... I hate rolling around on the floor and sometimes my stomach gets upset too, but I have grown to love the open floor space and it's flexibility.

Rebel JK

Sweet! I have serious lift envy. whats that baby go for out the door? Need to get that on my long term list. Sorry to put you on the spot. PM sent

Last edited:
Sweet! I have serious lift envy. whats that baby go for out the door? Need to get that on my long term list. Sorry to put you on the spot. PM sent

No worries, I live a pretty open book life.

I purchased it from Garage Equipment Supply -> http://www.gesusa.com/Brigadier-10ACX-Two-Post-Lift-p/1375647.htm They had a price increase as of Jan 1 that caused the price to jump by about $200. Luckily I was able to get it at last year's price. I also added frame cradle pads that run $35/ea. Since the order was made out of my state there was no sales tax, (I will need to pay that on my tax return ;) ).

I opted to have this installed by a local installer. As such, I had it shipped to them so no extra charges were added resulting in free freight. I labored on the decision to have it installed or do it myself. I couldn't dream up a good (safe) way for just my wife and I to install it. Sure, I could've called the Jeep Club Cavalry but by the time I feed everyone, bought the lags, hammer drill bit, and hydraulic oil, and paid for the added shipping, I would've likely had about the same money in it as the install. Plus by having it installed there are some liability advantages on my home owners insurance. (The installation is running $650)

So in the end, the price you see on the site is it... plus $650 for the install. The installer is planning on an install the week of Jan 13th.

FYI - I called Dannmar directly with some technical questions and they suggested GEUSA for the purchase and installation help. These lifts are also sold at several other places -> http://www.dannmar.com/where-to-buy.asp but I have to say it has been pretty easy to work with GEUSA thus far.

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom