Leaving winch disengaged...?

In5ane1

Installed my winch and it says to leave disengaged when not using. When disengaged spool wants to birdnest as there isnt much tension.

Does anyone leave theirs disengaged and how do you keep the cable from unraveling...?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Installed my winch and it says to leave disengaged when not using. When disengaged spool wants to birdnest as there isnt much tension.

Does anyone leave theirs disengaged and how do you keep the cable from unraveling...?

Hmm I leave mine snugged down to a shackle on my bumper

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Yea thats what im doing. But manufacturer says not to...just curious how you would keep it from unraveling.

Yea I can't think of why. Everything I read says engage it. I don't see anyway of not getting the ole professional overrun

In5ane1

Yea I can't think of why. Everything I read says engage it. I don't see anyway of not getting the ole professional overrun

I think they are using that as safety should a winch have a short and start running. Wiuld burn it up. But havent heard of that happening.

I ripped out all the bushes in front of my neighbors house a few weeks ago ( at his request of course!)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

I split and reassembled a 1957 Ford tractor with mine:thumbup:

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Top Bottom