What Am I Missing

Sergeant_A

Looking at the suspension what am I missing:

EVO Front Bolt On Coil Over Kit / King Bumps
EVO Rear Bolt On Coil Over Kit
EVO Rear Trac Bar Bracket
EVO Draglink Flip for ProRock 44
EVO Bolt On Long Arm Upgrade Kit

(All bolt on so I can do my own install)

Being I haven't received my Jeep yet I only know what I have researched and it seems like I would be good to go with the above parts list. I know driveshafts, wheels, tires, ProRock 44 and gears are also needed but those are easy to figure out. I have about a month left till I place my order so I need to budget it out correctly and make sure I get the right parts the first time. I'm open to opinions and advice so let me know what you think.

Tcdawg

Wheel that stock rubi for a little while. Get to know it and what it can do.

That's a lot of stuff to throw on right out of the box.

Sergeant_A

No rubi for me. I decided to build instead of buy so I got the Sport knowing I would change almost everything eventually. Even though Uwharrie is all I'll have to wheel for a couple month till I move to Augusta GA I don't want to be riding around in a stock JKU sport. I know people have to because of budgets and such but I have the budget to build it right off the bat. Not a huge budget but enough of one for some nice toys.

Sergeant_A

to clear the coil overs right? I know the long arm kit with springs calls for 4.5 backspace or less so coil overs need the additional inch?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yes you need 3.5" backspacing for coilovers.

Being that you will be in Georgia I think the double D long arm will be more then enough for your needs. I can't see you using coilovers to their fullest back there.

Sergeant_A

yea I most likely wont use them to the fullest but I like the adjustability, rebuild ability, and future potential. Plus side is being in the Army I may have the opportunity to move further out west and do some wheeling with the big boys

BBrown626

Looking at the suspension what am I missing:

EVO Front Bolt On Coil Over Kit / King Bumps
EVO Rear Bolt On Coil Over Kit
EVO Rear Trac Bar Bracket
EVO Draglink Flip for ProRock 44
EVO Bolt On Long Arm Upgrade Kit

(All bolt on so I can do my own install)

Being I haven't received my Jeep yet I only know what I have researched and it seems like I would be good to go with the above parts list. I know driveshafts, wheels, tires, ProRock 44 and gears are also needed but those are easy to figure out. I have about a month left till I place my order so I need to budget it out correctly and make sure I get the right parts the first time. I'm open to opinions and advice so let me know what you think.

I have several of those items and am very happy with them. If I was to start over, I might get the Evo Lever for the rear (without bypass). The lever increases ground clearance and I suspect you can adjust it lower. You don't say how much lift your looking for, but at the minimum setting in the rear the bolt-on coilovers don't offer much up travel. If your looking for a low lift then bump stops for both ends might be a good idea. The rear will be bottoming first simply because there isn't as much room to stuff them coilovers in there. At least one person on here installed the rear coils in the stock lower position rather than using the RockStars. You would gain a couple inches of up travel, but snag your shock mounts quite often.
I installed my bolt-on kits per the instructions and they work very well off road and I have short arms.

Tcdawg

No rubi for me. I decided to build instead of buy so I got the Sport knowing I would change almost everything eventually. Even though Uwharrie is all I'll have to wheel for a couple month till I move to Augusta GA I don't want to be riding around in a stock JKU sport. I know people have to because of budgets and such but I have the budget to build it right off the bat. Not a huge budget but enough of one for some nice toys.

Your profile says Rubicon.

Tcdawg

Yes you need 3.5" backspacing for coilovers. Being that you will be in Georgia I think the double D long arm will be more then enough for your needs. I can't see you using coilovers to their fullest back there.

What is your idea of using CO's to their fullest?

Sergeant_A

I have several of those items and am very happy with them. If I was to start over, I might get the Evo Lever for the rear (without bypass). The lever increases ground clearance and I suspect you can adjust it lower. You don't say how much lift your looking for, but at the minimum setting in the rear the bolt-on coilovers don't offer much up travel. If your looking for a low lift then bump stops for both ends might be a good idea. The rear will be bottoming first simply because there isn't as much room to stuff them coilovers in there. At least one person on here installed the rear coils in the stock lower position rather than using the RockStars. You would gain a couple inches of up travel, but snag your shock mounts quite often.
I installed my bolt-on kits per the instructions and they work very well off road and I have short arms.

I'm looking for 4-4.5in with 37s for now. I'm not a fan of cut fenders so purejeep or poison spyders will go on as funds become available after the big parts push.

Top Bottom