Front Sway bar leveling

huggysjk

You can level it or put it up higher etc. usually zip tie it level with frame. So it doesn't drop wheeling etc.

huggysjk

Ah got it understand now. Don't you just adjust them or get right length to were they connect or mate up.

JK's JK

Banned
Ah got it understand now. Don't you just adjust them or get right length to were they connect or mate up.

The sway bar is 10 degrees higher than level or a 1 inch higher. I'm trying to figure out if it needs to be level. I've got a electric sway bar disconnect but my main goal is to eliminate less articulation/ handling.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The sway bar is 10 degrees higher than level or a 1 inch higher. I'm trying to figure out if it needs to be level. I've got a electric sway bar disconnect but my main goal is to eliminate less articulation.

You need your links to be long enough that they won't taco when at full flex. You need to cycle your suspension to find out the proper length.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hi Guys,

Stupid question but does the front sway bar need to be level or can it be raised?

It needs to be long enough it won't flip at full flex. If it sits high, then it sits high. Just looking at it won't tell you the length

JK's JK

Banned
It needs to be long enough it won't flip at full flex. If it sits high, then it sits high. Just looking at it won't tell you the length

When you mean flip at full flex your saying it wont flip on it's self. I was watching a video off the tube about Currie anti sway bar setups. The one video I saw said the front/ back sway bar needed to be level with the ground. Then I started to think about my sway bar which was not level with the ground its elevated. This clears it up and little....

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
When you mean flip at full flex your saying it wont flip on it's self. I was watching a video off the tube about Currie anti sway bar setups. The one video I saw said the front/ back sway bar needed to be level with the ground. Then I started to think about my sway bar which was not level with the ground its elevated. This clears it up and little....

Right it, if it goes past level it will flip the other direction and bend or break a link. It's also a good way of ripping the tab mounts off the axle.

heybob

If it's not rubbing on anything and still handles okay then don't worry about the excess length. Mine have been about 2" to long for 6months due to preparing to run 4" coils. I'm currently sitting at 2.5".

Top Bottom