LED light bar

seanb123

A lot to weigh here: price , purpose , quality, looks. There has been some threads pooping up about this pretty recently. A lot of people like the look of the 50inch but seams like a little too much. There a lot of cheaper versions of all these lights on eBay or amazon if you don't think you want to spend the money on brands like rigid. This is just some of the things to think about

BrockGrin

Banned
Yeah I was thinking about buying one off eBay but didn't know what size and if I can actually trust that ? Like will it be bright and good ?

seanb123

What I have always done is measure the lumes I look at the good brands and see what they are putting and find the cheapos that are putting out close to that and then I check the reviews. I feel you prob shouldn't need more the 20" inch unless you live in the back woods and drive it every night

BrockGrin

Banned
Well I do quite a bit of night wheeling but I really like the look of the 50" light bar across the top and on eBay there not that much money . I just feel like that's the better way to go. Not sure though , any thoughts ?

JKFlyer

Its all personal preference. I didn't want one on top so did a bunch elsewhere ( including facing rear). There really is no right or wrong but I cotta imagine that 50 put out more than all mine combines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1388238272852.jpg
    1388238272852.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 158

lostinkorea

Light Bar

I went with a 50 inch for my TJ. Jeepadons.com have the ENGO bars that are I think 18500 lumens, use the same casing and poly casing as the Rigids. Got mine for 399 I think with Free HMF mounts included. Ridiculous deal. Check them out they also had a deal on the E2s when I bought my 50 inch. They use a CREE LED vs. The Patented Rigid LED optics. These are also a spot Flood combo.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/offroad_led_lights/led_light_bar_bundles.html
LIK

super stroked

I went with a 40" located on the lower part of the windshield and will be adding a 10" soon to the bumper. Got it from Performance Truck Products here in Texas. Give em a call, they can get you a great price on them. They aren't rigid, and are better quality over the ebay ones that are out there.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I went with a 40" located on the lower part of the windshield and will be adding a 10" soon to the bumper. Got it from Performance Truck Products here in Texas. Give em a call, they can get you a great price on them. They aren't rigid, and are better quality over the ebay ones that are out there.

post up pics of the 10" you end up getting please! i have the same bumper and was thinking of putting a light bar on the fairlead or maybe up on my bullbar.

super stroked

post up pics of the 10" you end up getting please! i have the same bumper and was thinking of putting a light bar on the fairlead or maybe up on my bullbar.

it'll probably be on a different bumper when i get around to putting it on it. I don't really need it now so i'm not in a hurry to get it. But if i did put it on this bumper, I would make a bracket for it to sit closer to the top of the winch. We made the brackets for the 40" so it wouldn't be too hard to come up with something.

dsword

Light bar mount?

Is that light bar mounted to the lower part of the hinge? I looked at the store you mentioned but didn't see anything there. Where di you get those or did you make the mounts? That's a great idea for a mounting location. I like it. I put a 20" on my hood and two small unit on my bumper. I will post pics. Thanks!

dsword

Lights added - Love the LED effect

I used mis-matched parts, so there was some Saturday afternoon engineering, but I got it done. The hood mount brackets are Rough Country (great product) and the 20" light bar and bumper lights are Cree from Amazon, good price and seem to be well made. Used a Lamphus Cruizer relay harness, (nice setup for $18).

IMG_3638.jpg IMG_3636.jpg IMG_3633.jpg

Top Bottom