Exhaust leak

JLearie

I have an exhaust leak in my 2008 JKU. It has the 3.8. Will it cause any damage if this is left unfixed for a few weeks? It will be driven daily until it gets fixed.

Moochie

There is an 80,000 mile federal emissions control warranty on your Jeep. I had my cracked exhaust manifold replaced at about 60,000 miles. Depending on your mileage and where the leak is, it could be a warranty covered repair.

JLearie

I'm in Canada so I'm not sue what federal regulations apply. I do have an aftermarket warranty that should cover it. I just want to be sure I'm not doing any damage driving with it leaking. Thanks for the info all the same.

Moochie

I'm in Canada so I'm not sue what federal regulations apply. I do have an aftermarket warranty that should cover it. I just want to be sure I'm not doing any damage driving with it leaking. Thanks for the info all the same.

Yep, different warranty in Canada. What part of the exhaust is leaking?

bnatt78

I have a question I keep having a code come up which is p0455 and says I have a leak in the evap canister system. Would that be considered under the emission warranty at all or am I on my own to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned
I have a question I keep having a code come up which is p0455 and says I have a leak in the evap canister system. Would that be considered under the emission warranty at all or am I on my own to fix it?

Not sure if that emissions but the code P0455 - Evap Purge System Large Leak. I'd check the connectors on the EVAP canister.

bnatt78

Not sure if that emissions but the code P0455 - Evap Purge System Large Leak. I'd check the connectors on the EVAP canister.

Okay, thanks! The only weird thing is that if the light goes on, in less then a day it will go off. Sorry if I didn't say what the code is correctly!

Top Bottom