Cb antenna 3' or 4'?

RockyJk

I had the 4 foot one but got a 3 foot cause the jeep wouldn't fit in the garage with the 4 foot one...

SDG

Caught the Bug
You going to run it on there 24/7 or just for trail rides? If just for trails I would go taller... but if you keep in on all the time the shorter one may be better.

Army_Vet

Banned
If its just for trail rides, and you dont run with like 50 jeep's stretched out over 5 miles, the smaller one will be fine

David1tontj

Ideally you would want taller, but as long as it is just a fuzz taller than The jeep, it should be able to work well.. Sometimes on the super short antennas, the truck blocks the antenna enough to cause problems.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I run the 3' all the time on my jeep. I still hit shit it parking garages all the time lol.

Sent from my iPhone

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I run a 3 foot on a spare tire mount bracket and it goes about 6" past the top of my jeep. I still have to take it off for my garage or parking structures. My opinion is get the 4 foot and put it on a quick disconnect and run it when you need it.

KPM171

I run a 2' Firestik off of my spare tire mount at all times (can't clear garages with anything bigger) and I have no problem transmitting or picking up trail chatter.

turbineguy

I run a 3 foot on a spare tire mount bracket and it goes about 6" past the top of my jeep. I still have to take it off for my garage or parking structures. My opinion is get the 4 foot and put it on a quick disconnect and run it when you need it.

This. Wish I had bought the 4'. Have to remove the 3' anyway to fit in garage.

Ldogg

I run a 4' that's mounted to my factory tire carrier bolts, and it's about 16-18" over my roofline. I hit my garage all the time with no lift and as so as I lift it and add 35's I am dropping down to a 3 footer.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I run the 3', which is enough to clear the roof so that it can get signal from all sides. Used it for 1/2 mile communication and it was clear as day. I sometimes have issues with garages, but I just jump out and bend it to the side, tucking it in behind the spare. Obviously you can only do that if you have a spring.

Top Bottom