Rock light

tapcola

I know their expensive but has anyone used the Rigid rock lights ? Yes I have seen the wall mart rite up this just seems like a far better product .Just looking for some info , thanks in advance :thumb:

David1tontj

I've got a couple options for rock lights.. Here are my favorite LEDs
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388378355.766678.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388378380.379142.jpg

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Keith from Vegas (Skirmish?) on here has a ton of different LED rock lights on his jeep. Not sure if he is running rigids, but you might send him a PM as he is not on much.

bl17z90

Rdigid makes top of the line parts so I can't see why they wouldn't perform properly but like everyone else says the price tag is probably going to be steep.

H8MUD

Wonder if Rigid makes any lights that would fit in the fender wells. The D2's would be a tight fit and would probably rub against the tires when flexing. The light fixture might not break but the mounting bracket would probably bend IMO.

David1tontj

Did you mount the lights to the frame? What brand are they?

TIA

I probably shouldn't have posted those... They are screwed right onto the frame, I made the lights.. They are a custom cabinet light, that I mounted to an aluminum rail and waterproofed.... I think they are great and I even wired them to come on when I open the door- very nice for trying to climb in and out on unknown terrain, and for avoiding stepping In a big puddle.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

pastorwug

I think they are great and I even wired them to come on when I open the door- very nice for trying to climb in and out on unknown terrain, and for avoiding stepping In a big puddle.

I like that idea, have a wiring diagram so that they come on with the domelight but then also come on with the switch for crawling at night when needed?
Thanks!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Wonder if Rigid makes any lights that would fit in the fender wells. The D2's would be a tight fit and would probably rub against the tires when flexing. The light fixture might not break but the mounting bracket would probably bend IMO.

Rigid makes specific rock lights that are pretty small and would work in a fender well. However like it was mentioned the Rigids come with a premium price tag at $350 for the kit ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388416215.339202.jpg

Ldogg

I bought these from Olympus off-road.
They were like $20 for a pair. The passenger side needed to be adjusted a bit, but they will do for now. They don't come with any harness or switch so keep that in mind.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388421455.909061.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388421467.425661.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388421491.210717.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388421504.211722.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388421530.414248.jpg

H8MUD

Rigid makes specific rock lights that are pretty small and would work in a fender well. However like it was mentioned the Rigids come with a premium price tag at $350 for the kit

Guess I'll see how durable the Walmart version.

KenB1010

The Wally-light aren't durable at all. I've replaced mine multiple times. Every time you hit water the lights shatter. They are also easily damaged by rocks thrown from the tires. Over a year ago I started replacing my broken Wally-Lights with the Cree 10W LEDs. They are small, put out a ton of light, are water proof, don't shatter and cost $40 ea. I've replaced my Wally-lights 3-4 times but I haven't had to replace any of the Cree lights.

http://www.oznium.com/10w-stackable-cree-led

H8MUD

The Wally-light aren't durable at all. I've replaced mine multiple times. Every time you hit water the lights shatter. They are also easily damaged by rocks thrown from the tires. Over a year ago I started replacing my broken Wally-Lights with the Cree 10W LEDs. They are small, put out a ton of light, are water proof, don't shatter and cost $40 ea. I've replaced my Wally-lights 3-4 times but I haven't had to replace any of the Cree lights.

http://www.oznium.com/10w-stackable-cree-led

Which one did you go with, spot or flood?

I'll replace mine with these as soon as I start breaking them.

Thanks for the link.

EDIT: Never mind...the LED lights come with both spot and fog lights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom