How long will a Prorock 44 last?

HLKSMSH

I will be running 40's soon and think a Prorock 60 is to much if I do the Prorock 44 how long will it last? I do plan on beefing it up as much as possible. I do some rock crawling but nothing major nothing over 4 or 5 ft rock walls and mainly off camber trails. I have a 2012 jku so I dont plan on going lower than 4:88's also. Please feel fre to weigh in I have not seen but only one or two prorock 44's broken and I am sure it was from the jeep getting some air and that I dont plan on doing.

mrmet1983

I will be running 40's soon and think a Prorock 60 is to much if I do the Prorock 44 how long will it last? I do plan on beefing it up as much as possible. I do some rock crawling but nothing major nothing over 4 or 5 ft rock walls and mainly off camber trails. I have a 2012 jku so I dont plan on going lower than 4:88's also. Please feel fre to weigh in I have not seen but only one or two prorock 44's broken and I am sure it was from the jeep getting some air and that I dont plan on doing.

The price diff between the 60 and 44 isn't that much and PR only warrantied the pr44 up to a 38" tire since ur running 40s I'd say save and get 60s unless u don't mind buying a pr44 then a pr60 later on just my two cents

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what kind of wheeling you have out in Hawaii but that might make a difference. I believe a ProRock 80 in the rear is what Dynatrac in now recommending for people running 40's. A ProRock 60 is the bare minimum I would run up front but then, I live out in the west and the trails we have are long and can be quite unforgiving. I would be quite reluctant to run 40's on a ProRock 44.

HLKSMSH

I would wait for a 60 if I was staying in Hawaii but might get stationed back in FL where I dont want to be to heavy in the mud.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The price diff between the 60 and 44 isn't that much and PR only warrantied the pr44 up to a 38" tire since ur running 40s I'd say save and get 60s unless u don't mind buying a pr44 then a pr60 later on just my two cents

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Really it's not? Pretty sure it's close to double and to me that's a lot.

mrmet1983

If ur spending 6k on a pr44 the pr60 is only 8k so ur ur spending 6000 dollars what's another 2000

turbineguy

If ur spending 6k on a pr44 the pr60 is only 8k so ur ur spending 6000 dollars what's another 2000

$2000

25%

A set of tires

The final straw to a wife contemplating divorce

A round trip ticket to New Zealand

A big deal to most Americans

Disclaimer: I bought a PR44 for my front.

mrmet1983

$2000

25%

A set of tires

Lol I agree it's a lot but it's better then double buying things and u cud akways get wheel adapters for the 60 and keep ur wheels

Sithwindu

According to northridge and off road evolution a pr 44 is 5100 with arbs chromolys

A pro rock 60 according to northridge is 9100

That's a BIG difference! Those are both build up!

I'm contemplatling doing a pr44 for 40s on daily Driving and wheeling trips maybe once every 3 or 4 months (and a eventual trip to Moab and rubicon trail, bucket list items!)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

So your buying a completely built PR44 but a basic PR60. Compare apples to apples. The PR60 with RCV's, ARB locker and all the other options you have in your $6000 dollar PR44 isn't $8000.

But since it's only $2000 why did you buy a PR44 and not a PR60? I mean it's only $2000 right?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
$2000

25%

A set of tires

Get a divorce now, So she won't be able to take your dynatrac in the settlement.

Last edited:

HLKSMSH

Sorry guys but 2K is a lot to me but if I could get the price closer to the same I might go with a 60.

mrmet1983

Sorry guys but 2K is a lot to me but if I could get the price closer to the same I might go with a 60.

It was just an idea I know how pricey it can get having just bought a pr44 but maybe give dynatrac a call see what they can do for you

jkjurny

It was just an idea I know how pricey it can get having just bought a pr44 but maybe give dynatrac a call see what they can do for you

Dynatrac built a hybrid 44/60 for another on the forum, but he was going to go to 37s max.

Beyrgut

40s are nice but if your chances are high of getting stationed back in FL then they along with a PR60 is overkill. Why not go with 37s and a PR44, still a very capable setup no matter where you wheel and still overkill for FL.

mrmet1983

Dynatrac built a hybrid 44/60 for another on the forum, but he was going to go to 37s max.

Pretty sure that's the vengeance build and it looked sick

Top Bottom