Wheel spacer questions

KernHydro

What size wheel spacer do I need with the new bolt on coilovers. I want run my stock moab wheels and 35x12.50 and stock fenders. I read a post from eddie somewhere that said a min of 3.50 backspace is needed.

hydroslyder

I'm pretty sure stock backspacing is over six inches (6.25 maybe?) so 2.75" spacer would be needed...if that's even possible.

KernHydro

I see jeeps rockin 12.50s all the time on Moab rims. So I take it the coilovers stick out a decent amount farther than other lifts.

KernHydro

So the tire would normaly clear the upper spring mount at full stuff but because of the new mount it can't, so the tire has the be pushed out farther?

Last edited:

Prime8

KernHydro said:
So the tire would normaly clear the upper spring mount at full stuff but because of the new mount it can't, so the tire has the be pushed out farther?

Yes. The clearance issue is with the coilovers. Which is why you see people with larger tires on the stock wheels. Even with 1.5" spidertrax, my stock wheels still rubbed my RK LCAs at full crank, even on flat ground. Since I got the spyderlocks though with 3.5" bs, I haven't had any issues.

Top Bottom