Choosing a lift

TJ KID

So as of now I am running a sky jacker
4 inch SA kit. It came on the jeep when I bought it. I am looking into getting a LA. I was looking at the Clayton, Rubicon Express, or full traction. I do slot of wheeling during the spring summer and fall. A lot of moab and local trails. Is 37 inch tires to much for a tj or should I go 35?

Any advice would be great thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Have you replaced the axles or is it still the Low Pinion D30 and D35?

I have 36's on my tj, but i replaced both axles- High Pinion 30 and D44. about a 3 1/2" lift. SA

TJ KID

I have 36's on my tj, but i replaced both axles- High Pinion 30 and D44. about a 3 1/2" lift. SA

Yes I have that set up. However was looking into a Ford 8.8 from ECGS. And doing chromoly shafts for the 8.8 and the 30

MC2003TJ

I have the Currie Ent. Full Johnny Joint short arm with 35" tires and a high clearance Rokmen belly pan. 18" of clearance and the suspension works awesome! I have not seen the advantage to a long arm suspension kit. The arms hang down more and get hung up on rocks. The angle on my Currie short arms is not severe by any means and it articulates perfectly. See pics in my photo albums.

TJ KID

How do you run 36" tires with 3.5 lift?

TJ KID

I have the Currie Ent. Full Johnny Joint short arm with 35" tires and a high clearance Rokmen belly pan. 18" of clearance and the suspension works awesome! I have not seen the advantage to a long arm suspension kit. The arms hang down more and get hung up on rocks. The angle on my Currie short arms is not severe by any means and it articulates perfectly. See pics in my photo albums.

Is it the 4 inch?

MC2003TJ

Is it the 4 inch?

It is a 4" lift with Ford 9" axles front and rear. 4.10 gears with Detroit lockers and 35 spline chromoly axle shafts. Pretty much anything that Currie puts there name on is built to work and last a long time. The Johnny Joints are completely rebuildable. My Jeep was a Currie special build that Currie called the "Helldorado" back in 2003. You could take your stock TJ to them and they would put all of there parts on it for approx. 20K. This jeep came off of there show room floor. The old guy that I bought it from was friends with John Currie.

TJ KID

It is a 4" lift with Ford 9" axles front and rear. 4.10 gears with Detroit lockers and 35 spline chromoly axle shafts. Pretty much anything that Currie puts there name on is built to work and last a long time. The Johnny Joints are completely rebuildable. My Jeep was a Currie special build that Currie called the "Helldorado" back in 2003. You could take your stock TJ to them and they would put all of there parts on it for approx. 20K. This jeep came off of there show room floor. The old guy that I bought it from was friends with John Currie.

Is yours a daily driver.? If so how are the Detroit lockers on street. I was looking at them than started looking at OX. Ford 9 " front and rear that's pretty sweet. Sounds all bullet proof. You have any pictures

MC2003TJ

This jeep is not a daily driver. However, my 1994 YJ was a daily driver back in the day and I ran a Detroit locker in that with a Ford 9". I had no issues driving either jeep on the street with Detroits. It is a little smoother with an automatic transmission. This Tj was a bargain. I found it on craigslist. Check out my photo albums for pics. Look at my profile and you can see all of the other goodies it has. I will never sell this Jeep.

TJ KID

This jeep is not a daily driver. However, my 1994 YJ was a daily driver back in the day and I ran a Detroit locker in that with a Ford 9". I had no issues driving either jeep on the street with Detroits. It is a little smoother with an automatic transmission. This Tj was a bargain. I found it on craigslist. Check out my photo albums for pics. Look at my profile and you can see all of the other goodies it has. I will never sell this Jeep.
You run Detroit in front and rear

MC2003TJ

Yep! I have warn hubs on the front Ford 9" high pinion. I ran one in the front of my YJ with no hubs and a Dana 30 hp. It just spins the front drive shaft.

TJ KID

Yep! I have warn hubs on the front Ford 9" high pinion. I ran one in the front of my YJ with no hubs and a Dana 30 hp. It just spins the front drive shaft.

Sounds like I need a 9 "

LittleD-Tj

I wouldn't run larger than 35's on ur dana 35 rear. That would be asking for trouble. I have a dana 44 rear (soon to be locked with mini spool) and 30 front locked with lock rite. Wheeled hard with 35's and haven't broke yet.

pvanweelden

Lift is a mixture of RC adj control arms and coils from stock xj in rear, and 3" xj coils in front, which gave me about 3.5" since my tj is a 4 banger
Fenders are offroad utopia

TJ KID

Lift is a mixture of RC adj control arms and coils from stock xj in rear, and 3" xj coils in front, which gave me about 3.5" since my tj is a 4 banger
Fenders are offroad utopia

So I checked out those tube fenders. Those are pretty sweet. 150 for a set. How do they mount?

pvanweelden

I got the ones with a flare, but I kicked myself for not being able to make them myself at the time. They mount to the four bolts at the firewall to the tub, and 3 bolts to the grill. You leave the inner fender, but cut most of the outer fender off. Sorry, I don't have pics, but I am sure you could find a tube fender write up somewhere, if needbe.

Woody3

I got the ones with a flare, but I kicked myself for not being able to make them myself at the time. They mount to the four bolts at the firewall to the tub, and 3 bolts to the grill. You leave the inner fender, but cut most of the outer fender off. Sorry, I don't have pics, but I am sure you could find a tube fender write up somewhere, if needbe.

Did the kit come with sheet metal or did you use the metal from the fenders you took off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom