Power steering leak?

As I was going to disconnect my swaybar, I noticed fluid splattered on my front axle, control arms, and driveshaft at the driver side. Wondering if this is something I need the dealer to see or a possible fluid overflow...? Photo below of what looks like the origin of the mess. It's a relatively clear, oily fluid
hazy6aja.jpg

Thanks,
Sean

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Your jeep was just at the dealership right? Look at your radiator reservoir as I bet they overfilled it. They did on mine last time it went in and the same thing happened.

Your jeep was just at the dealership right? Look at your radiator reservoir as I bet they overfilled it. They did on mine last time it went in and the same thing happened.

I checked that as well and it looks like a tiny bit May have leaked out the top but not a lot and I'm not sure how long the fluid that did leak has been sitting there

Thanks,
Sean

Army_Vet

Banned
I took a look at all the coolants and all levels looked good and no spills anywhere

Thanks,
Sean
Well you took a pic of the PS cap so I wanted to be sure.... BTW the radiator overflow has a hose that directs fluid down to the ground, so you wont really see it around the cap

Well you took a pic of the PS cap so I wanted to be sure.... BTW the radiator overflow has a hose that directs fluid down to the ground, so you wont really see it around the cap

Oh really? Maybe I should just take it to the dealer..again to have them check it out? I'm not too familiar with the engine compartment

Thanks,
Sean

Army_Vet

Banned
Oh really? Maybe I should just take it to the dealer..again to have them check it out? I'm not too familiar with the engine compartment

Thanks,
Sean

This is going to be hard for me to say, but I honestly think Adam is correct. I think you should take his advice.

As long as the dealer will be free, and you have the time off work, I would say have at it.

If you would like to be educated, read your manual, and look up vids on youtube, they can be very informative.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Mine doesn't. Not sure if it's the 2012's and up but mine just has a spout with a hole on the engine side of the bottle.

Top Bottom