Spline count on a 2013 Rubicon 10th anniversary?

BBG

Okay guys getting ready to upgrade my axles ... wondering if someone knows the spline count for 10th anniversary Rubicon I recently went to off road evolution and got g2 5.13 gears I'm looking to buy those rcv axles.

the first step is admitting you have a problem. .... Hello everyone I'm hdawg and I'm a jeep-a-halic

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just like what all JK Rubicons have, 30 up front and 32 in the rear. Are you dead set on RCV's? While they are nice shafts, they are about $400 more than a standard set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips. The latter will do the job just fine and will not fail the way factory shafts will. Just trying to save you some money.

Fishtale

Been down the chromoly shafts route and now have RCV's. So worth the money and the warranty is awesome. Not that I have had to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBG

Nope not anymore now that you said that. .... lol thank you for showing me the way-of-the-jk I will definitely looks those up now.

the first step is admitting you have a problem. .... Hello everyone I'm hdawg and I'm a jeep-a-halic

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been down the chromoly shafts route and now have RCV's. So worth the money and the warranty is awesome. Not that I have had to use it.

Funny, I've been down both the chromoly shafts with full circle clips and RCV route and don't have the foggiest clue as to why the later would be so much more worth the money? Of course, I'm just a mall crawler so please do tell why I am so off on this one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nope not anymore now that you said that. .... lol thank you for showing me the way-of-the-jk I will definitely looks those up now.

In spite of what the fanboys will tell you, chromoly shafts WITH full circle clips will work every bit as well as RCV's and WILL NOT break the way factory shafts will. To be clear, you NEED FULL CIRCLE CLIPS and NOT just standard c-clips. If anything RCV's have joints that are TOO strong and you'll just transfer a break deep down on the shaft or worse, on your ring and pinion. I have seen it happen.

BadApple

Funny, I've been down both the chromoly shafts with full circle clips and RCV route and don't have the foggiest clue as to why the later would be so much more worth the money? Of course, I'm just a mall crawler so please do tell why I am so off on this one.

I heard a D44 with a truss and sleeves is just as stout as your D80 (heard it on the internet must be true). Why do you even need that thing picking up groceries?

BBG

Well I've heard that the rcv axles might be too much for the stock lockers on my Jeep so I'm probably gonna go with the "Mall Crawler" (joke) on this especially if it's gonna save me some money. .... thumb:thumbup:

Fishtale

Who said you were off on this one? Based on my experience and my opinion RCV's are worth the money. If you have a different opinion then I am ok with that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I heard a D44 with a truss and sleeves is just as stout as your D80 (heard it on the internet must be true). Why do you even need that thing picking up groceries?

I've heard that too - BONJOUR!! :standing wave:

attachment.php

Well I've heard that the rcv axles might be too much for the stock lockers on my Jeep so I'm probably gonna go with the "Mall Crawler" (joke) on this especially if it's gonna save me some money. .... thumb:thumbup:

In all fairness, the RCV's won't be any harder on your stock lockers than a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips. They're just a LOT more expensive and after running a set of both, I can't really see the benefit of them especially being that $400 can get you a lot of mods. But hey, that's just me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that EVERYTHING CAN AND WILL BREAK, here's where an RCV will break IF you're lucky...

image-1148004221.jpg

Of course, it'll still be near impossible to extract the broken end out but, at least you can still drive off the trail. If you're not lucky, it'll be your ring and pinion that blows and that can leave you high and dry.

Fishtale

Really?? What a cop out. :naw:

No cop out. I am just agreeing to the argument that most people will get the benefit of a stronger than stock axle shaft with chromoly's. I for one tried that route and got burned. I then purchased RCV's and have been extremely satisfied.

BBG

Oh one more thing does it make a difference that mine is a manual?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No cop out. I am just agreeing to the argument that most people will get the benefit of a stronger than stock axle shaft with chromoly's. I for one tried that route and got burned. I then purchased RCV's and have been extremely satisfied.

Sooooooo, how did you get burned??? :rolleyes2:

BTW, it was always a sincere question. If you really did, I'd like to know how.

Top Bottom