Today's High Temperature in Texas

TX_JK

My jeep was parked in the shade. It had been sitting for about 3 hours. I got into it around 4:30PM and this is what the temp gauge said. Can anyone top it? I'm sure you folks in Arizona can. :icon_crazy:

IMG-20120625-00240.jpg

TX_JK

Arizona WINS!!!

The only time i've ever felt it that hot was driving through Death Valley. We got out of the jeep and took pictures both ways as the road washed off into the haze of the heat. It was very hard to breath in that kind of heat. I can't imagine living in AZ.

DMFNJ24601

It's not too bad, there are many other things here that help make up for the 4 mos of rediculous heat.

I will be in Death Valley next month on my way to Bishop. Looking forward to the nice drive from Phoenix, through Beaty then through Death Valley to the beautiful 395 & Owens Valley area. Going to be the first long drive in my Jeep.

kaptkrappy

But it's a dry heat......

I can't see my temp gauge, it's under water!
72 hours of this stuff. :doh:

Radar.jpg

I'm not complaining, I wouldn't live anywhere else (and I have lived other places)

MTG

Caught the Bug
It was hot in Vegas the last few weeks too.

image-3672201561.jpg

I'm very happy to be back in Reno where the high is in the 80s this week!

Chairokey

Alright... My jeep needs servicing lol. It's easily 90 degrees in Abilene TX and my dash reads 72.. She must be dreaming :')

Attachments

• image-1947510353.jpg
    image-1947510353.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 65

kaptkrappy

I found these answers on the "internets"

Where is the temp sensor on our jeeps?

"You can see it through the two drivers side grille openings. There is a square tube that runs across the width of the jeep, in front of the radiator. It's a little black sensor that is affixed to that square tube with a plastic push-screw.

Alright... My jeep needs servicing lol. It's easily 90 degrees in Abilene TX and my dash reads 72.. She must be dreaming :')

"Here is the ambient temperature sensor behavior for the JK:

Vehicle with the key off for more than 4 hours...The CCN will update the ambient temperature reading immediately.

Vehicle with key off for more than 2 hours but less than 4 hours....The CCN will update the ambient temperature reading immediately after vehicle reaches above 20 mph (with no duration constraint) and will update every 500 ms thereafter.

Vehicle with the key off for less than 2 hours...The CCN will display the last temperature reading (which is stored in memory) just prior to the ignition being turned off. The CCN will not update the value in the display until the car has been driven at 20 MPH or above for 3 consecutive minutes. If the vehicles speed and drive time does meet the criteria the CCN will continue to display the stored value until the criteria is met. Once the criteria is met, then the CCN will update the display every 500 ms based off of the ambient temperature sensor output."

TRAUMAhead

Hottest I've seen my JK, parked all morning, pic was about around noon time. The actual high for the day was like 108*.

7399455500_7dda381194_b.jpg

serielle

Hello from Canada. We're getting it too.

june30-temp.jpg

For those that don't know the celius to farenheit conversion 38C=100.4F

Prime8

Took a pic of my acuras temp gauge a couple years back in phoenix when I lived there. 119. My jeep showed 102 up here in Illinois on Thursday. Super humid too.

Top Bottom