My Build Thread

hydroslyder

Hey all,

Looks like I finally get to start up the build on my jeep and this is where I'll be tracking it

To start, my bone stock 2012 White Auto JKU Rubicon, first time out without doors and a top.
290832_2089063507904_1284690086_31748971_1076947182_o.jpg
I got it with pretty much every available option except body matched top and fenders and the smokers package :)

Current Additions:
-Cobra 75 WX CB Radio (still need to wire the antenna)
-Rigid Industries Dually Spots on the A-Pillar
-Quadratec Floor Liners
-Airaid Cool Air Intake

Upcoming:
-Poison Spyder Brawler Lite front bumper with brawler bar (delivering Thursday 6/28)
-Warn 9.5 Cti-s (delivering Thursday 6/28)
-Rigid Dually Floods on BDF Taillight Brackets (delivering Thursday 6/28)
-Offroad Evolution HD Leveling Kit (delivering Wednesday 6/27)
-Rugged Ridge A-Pillar Switch Panel (waiting to be installed)
-OTRATW Contura V Horizontal Switches (waiting on delivery date)
-Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacers (waiting on delivery date)

Future:
-Offroad Evolution Enforcer or Bolt on Coilover lift and Draglink Flip Kit
-35" Nitto Trail Grappler on 17" Black Rims TBD
-J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
-ORE C2 Gussets
-ORE Rocks Star Skids
-ORE Pro-Tec Skid System
-ORE Rock Slider and Rock Skins
-Poison Spyder Bombshell Diff Covers
-ARB Onboard air w/ ORE under-hood mounting
-LOD Linked Rear bumper and tire carrier
-Rigid Industries 10" Specter Bar on Front bumper
-Rigid Industries Dually Foglight Replacement in BDF Brackets for front and rear bumper lights
-IPF or Trucklite Replacement Headlights

More pictures to come this weekend once parts arrive and start getting installed. This will probably be a relatively slow build as my budget allows but I look forward to watching her grow and look forward to the input I'm sure I'll get from the community!

Last edited:

Prime8

Looks good! Question though... If you are only going to run 35" tires and you have a 4dr, couldn't you save about a grand by just getting a front 1310 instead of front and rear 1350's...?

hydroslyder

I'm torn there, I don't want to rule out 37's and wouldn't want to do the 1310 and have to replace it once 37's come along. Luckily this build is getting staged out pretty well so I've got some time to figure out the minute details. Going to change that to front and rear drive shafts and leave the specifics TBD for now.

Prime8

hydroslyder said:
I'm torn there, I don't want to rule out 37's and wouldn't want to do the 1310 and have to replace it once 37's come along. Luckily this build is getting staged out pretty well so I've got some time to figure out the minute details. Going to change that to front and rear drive shafts and leave the specifics TBD for now.

Yeah. Running into that problem now myself. Bought a Coast 1310 for my current 2010, but when I get my 2013 JKUR sometime this year, I want 37s. So I'll have a 1310 front for sale!

hydroslyder

Thanks for the comments, I'm excited for the parts to arrive. Got word from Northridge today that a pallet with bumper and winch will arrive thursday! (I'm not sure why the fact that it's being delivered on a pallet makes it that much more exciting!)

StrizzyChris

Looks good! Question though... If you are only going to run 35" tires and you have a 4dr, couldn't you save about a grand by just getting a front 1310 instead of front and rear 1350's...?

It would realistically not be a grand more, but moer like a total difference of 250-500. Also I think 1350's are a good idea IF I were going to buy aftermarket and had even the thought of later going bigger. BUT if your planning on going around 3.5" on your lift you dont HAVE to replace your rear driveshaft immediately. Not sure about the 2012's new trans or if they also have issues with the Automatic like the 07-11, but just check your clearance to see if it is sufficient(is yours an auto?)

hydroslyder

Yea, in looking at driveshafts I'm thinking the 1350's make the most sense. I'll obviously be doing the front to coincide with my lift and I'll wait to see how things play out with the rear. And my jeep is an Automatic.

Quick update, leveling kit arrived yesterday, had to push back the Northridge delivery to Friday so I could be there to sign off on it. The OTRATW switches got delayed slightly so probably early next week on delivery. Hoping to get the leveling kit installed by the time the bumper and winch arrive around noon on Friday so I can just transition from one install to the other and get everything done!

Also picked up a set of used 1.5" wheel spacers which should come in sometime next week. I figured I couldn't pass up the price for the set of them and they would make my stock tires line up a little better with the factory flares and give a wider stance as well as give me the option of running 35's on stock wheels if that fits my budget better down the road.

hydroslyder

Here's a pic from my jeeps last oil change. It's been a long time since I've done anything in this thread.
Currently the jeep is sitting with the Poison Spyder brawler lite front bumper, a Warn 9.5 CTI-S. Rigid Industries Duallies mounted on the front A-Pillar and on BDF brackets on the rear taillights. I've got the spydertrax 1.5" wheel spacers as well as an Off Road Evolution leveling kit. I've got the rugged ridge A-pillar switch pod with OTRATW Switches installed but haven't wired everything up yet, trying to decide on the best wiring solution for everything current and future. I've got the Cobra 75 CB installed under my glove box. An Airraid intake is installed and a dynomax exhaust is being delivered this afternoon and will going on tonight or tomorrow.
jeep.jpg

hydroslyder

I see you have a Harbor Frieght local to you :). I do also LOL...:thumb:

Ha, you caught me! I really have zero complaints about anything I've bought from Harbor Freight! That rolling tool chest works perfect for me and the 3 Ton jack and 6 ton jack stands I bought work excellent as well!

BlackKnight

Ha, you caught me! I really have zero complaints about anything I've bought from Harbor Freight! That rolling tool chest works perfect for me and the 3 Ton jack and 6 ton jack stands I bought work excellent as well!

I got two pair of 6 ton jacks just last week with a cupon from JP magazine, for $34 per set (Regular 69). got the rubber Bumpers for them so I can put them on painted surfaces also. Have the same red creeper for $17 with a cupon from a monthly flyer (turned out to be 1 month expired, but they gave me the cupon price anyway), along with the rolling seat. I got the 44 inch bottom tool chest (the one in the middle between the top of their line 56" and the bottom 30" I love their stuff for Non-Fulltime mechanics. I miss the old days working in my Uncle's shop as a kid using his snapons, but they will do for a dabbler that gets his hands dirty on weekends only..

Top Bottom