Not sure bout lockers
Gears have been redone.
I believe 44 in the rear and 30 front.
Asking 23000

What do you think.
Has some scratches and a little drivers side door ding

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK12

Unless you plan on doing a motor swap anytime soon I would look for a newer one. The 3.8l don't last all that long. I bought mine with about the same mileage and with how mine runs I will see a new motor in about a year or two. At the moment it has 110k and it's not going last much longer

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I works find a used 12 and newer with the 3.6. Even if it's stock with no parts.

I second the Pig's comment. The engine is night and day compared to the 3.8. Plus you get the piece of mind of a newer vehicle and if it's stock or close to it, you get to install parts YOU want without having to settle.

TJ KID

What is wrong with the motors. They just poorly built or just can't handle anything but stock? My TJ has and grand Cherokee has the I-6 and has 220000 on the grand and 96000 on my tj and they run as if I just bought them.

Sorry still little new to the jeep in thing with the JK.

Is the motor the reason why Wayalife did the LS

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
What is wrong with the motors. They just poorly built or just can't handle anything but stock? My TJ has and grand Cherokee has the I-6 and has 220000 on the grand and 96000 on my tj and they run as if I just bought them.

I have an MJ with 200k too. These 3.8's are no 4.0. It's a like a 4 cylinder TJ.

The high mile ones start to burn oil. They get tired really fast.

crowrb29

The 3.8 has a lot less Ponies and less torque. You can feel the difference. A lot more get up and go on the 3.6. Bigger tires are just going to make matters worse with the 3.8. My buddy has a '10 2dr rubi with 35s and 4.10s and it is a slug.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Eddies first motor when out, the second one started having transmission issues. That being said, my 3.6 is in the shop with a bad motor at 46k 😞

crowrb29

I'd shop around for a 13 sport if your interested in building. I got a great deal on mine in 2013 for just a little more than they are asking for this 08.

dahreno

Banned
I have over 60 grand on my 08 and it runs great ! It loses no oil at all . I do take care of it and don't rev. the crap out of it when wheeling . No offense to any one but , if you can afford to just swap in an ls when your 3.8 takes a dump , maybe you didn't take care of it to begin with ? Then again , maybe it was junk from the factory .

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have over 60 grand on my 08 and it runs great ! It loses no oil at all . I do take care of it and don't rev. the crap out of it when wheeling . No offense to any one but , if you can afford to just swap in an ls when your 3.8 takes a dump , maybe you didn't take care of it to begin with ? Then again , maybe it was junk from the factory .

Or it's a piece of shit?

dahreno

Banned
I would say junk from the factory and piece o shit is basically the same thing .And , I am not disagreeing with you . I would never buy a used one , especially one that has alot of upgrades because you pretty much know it has been wheeled .You also don'r know anything about how it was taken care of . I don't think many people sell there car when they are having no problem with it .

JKbrick

Kind of hard to figure out because there are a lot of guys with 3.6s with a lot of problems too. ( the early ones) so I assume that's why you said an 013? Tough call, my 09 has been 100% trouble free. Doesn't seem slow to me but I had a 4cyl before so I doubled the horsepower. I think I'd buy new now to be safe

JK12

I always take care of my vehicles it's my pride and joy. The motor is a crap choice for a JK the motor is not meant for what most of us do.. And to put it out there it's a mini van motor...

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Or it's a piece of shit?

Yes!!! Big piece of shit! I work at an independent mechanic shop and we see the caravans come in all the time with oil consumption issues, engines knocking. It's just a crap motor no matter what Chrysler puts it in. The 3.8 is the reason I held out to buy my first JK. I just knew they were gonna make an improvement at some point. So I got my hands on a '12 and couldn't be happier.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have over 45,000 on my 2011. No problems it does burn oil and has since new. I've always read never buy the first model because they are still working out the bugs. I have known a few personally and read about several owners having problems with the new motor. You can get bad motors...from the factory, but it seems to me there are a huge amount of issues with them. Yeah more horsepower is nice, but lets face it this is not a muscle or exotic car what do you need it for? It's a Jeep.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yes!!! Big piece of shit! I work at an independent mechanic shop and we see the caravans come in all the time with oil consumption issues, engines knocking. It's just a crap motor no matter what Chrysler puts it in. The 3.8 is the reason I held out to buy my first JK. I just knew they were gonna make an improvement at some point. So I got my hands on a '12 and couldn't be happier.

The mechanic at the jeep dealer said the same thing about the 3.8.

Top Bottom