Hard Top Value?

theilkjam

Hey Guys! I have a 2009 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. It's my second Jeep and when I bought it it came with the hard top and the factory soft top. My favorite thing about my Jeeps has been driving with the top off, and I don't have the ability to set up a hoist system and the top on the 4 door compared to the 2 door seems a little too big. Also I banged my old top up a bit during installation and removal. I am seriously considering selling the hard top and using the soft top all year round. Depending on the value I could get new numbers or new wheels and tires and a lift. So here are my questions... What is a Black Hard Top for a 4 door Wrangler worth? It's in pretty good shape. And also? Is this a terrible idea? I see lots of people using their soft tops all year round. I am excited for all of your input and appreciate any advice.

Thanks

JKFlyer

Sold my 2010 jku freedom hard top for 1600 a month ago. This is the time of year. It won't be easy to replace so make sure u really want to sell it. They seem to list for anywhere from 1200-2000 here in NJ

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

crowrb29

Id keep your hardtop. It keeps the value of the jeep in general higher and it would be more comfortable in the winter months. You may be able to get an oem soft top for pretty cheap if your interested. I've seen them go for as little as 350 with all the pieces.

David1tontj

I never used my hardtop, so I finally sold it a couple months ago to get a tera low kit.. I haven't missed it one bit! It's a tj, an the top was in good shape.. I got 900 bucks.. The unlimited tops go for way more... Around 1500

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

JKFlyer

Keep in mind I oy sold my hardtop BC I got a wild boar slant back hardtop! Hardtop is great in winter. I had on my TJ and it was fantastic

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

DallasJKU

I sold mine with HotHead liners for $1600. I wanted a quick sale and it was gone in a day even here in Texas. I don't regret it one bit. It was always a beating to take off even with a hoist and had to plan days in advance before removing. Soft top is louder, but I don't care and I'm use to it now.

theilkjam

I live in Central Illinois and we do get some rough winter weather every now and then. I understand the soft top will be colder and louder but it was given to me with the Jeep when I bought it. I have a great Jeep now I just want to get the bigger wheels and tires and a lift. The little upgrades are easy to swallow. But wheels tires and a lift are going to be a pretty penny. I just don't know how much I'll miss the hard top after I sell it.

Top Bottom