Slight shimmy in front end when hitting bumps.

Beau beau

I have a 2013 JK unlimited with 3500 miles on it. I am beginning to feel a slight shimmy when I hit some bumps but not all the time. I have a 4" lift with 35" toyo's. I checked the track bar for proper torque and it was fine. I then checked the rod ends on the drag link and the Tie Rod for side movement and they were fine. I then remember reading somewhere that the Tie Rod ends can have vertical slack and no side to side slack meaning they are bad. So I checked by placing a pair of adjustable pliers on the bottom of the rod end and the top nut, I then squeezed and had about 1/8" up and down play. I was wondering if this could be my problem of the shimmy. I forgot to mention I have a heavy duty steering stabilizer and I checked all the torque on the bolts from the control arms to the track bar and the tie rods and drag link. This is not my everyday driver so it does not have ANY hard miles on it. I live in south Mississippi so there is no rock crawling here just cruising with the top and doors off down the beach. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:

Heholua

Have you checked your castor after the lift? It seems very early to have bad tie rod ends, but anything is possible. Like OL said, check your torque and maybe some red loctite if they are loose.

Top Bottom