help!!!!

dunstan74

Ok so I'm screwed up.
Trying to install my evo trans skid I jacked up the tcase and its cleared the mount on the frame and moved out of alignment. How can I get it back in place?

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

Ok so I'm screwed up.
Trying to install my evo trans skid I jacked up the tcase and its cleared the mount on the frame and moved out of alignment. How can I get it back in place?

Crowbar! I had to do the same due to misalignment as well. It may also help to use a small crowbar to alter the direction of the bolts to align with the tcase(they are on the rubber isolators so they move with some effort). Mine to some serious, while gentle, motivation.

StrizzyChris

DSC06550.jpg

If you put the crow bar where the arrow is pointed it will cause the bushing where the circle is to flex and help align it with the tcase hole

Last edited:

dunstan74

Thanks Eddie, I was following the write up. Guess I didn't realise just how easy it was going to clear the studs.

Tree Frog

Oh man I feel for you.
I did the same exact thing on one side . It was a pain to get back in the hole.
I even had my phone under the Jeep with me reading the Project JK write up. I just some how misunderstood what Eddie was saying.
I just stuck with it and finally got it.
You really dont need to jack up the case much at all.

I even looked to see where you are.
Have the next two days off. Oops your a little far away for any help.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dunstan74

Thanks i Appreciate the thought man!!

Going to tackle it when I get home from work this arvo, with any luck it won't be to hard.. well I hope not haha

Same here, had the write up on my phone right by me and still messed it up. Owell live and learn I suppose.

Top Bottom