Clutch squeak

Sugarbear

I got a brand new jk it currently has 1100 miles but the clutch pedal squeaks and really noticeable when it's cold I no it's a jeep I should have weird noises but this early ??? Anyone got any ideas?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it squeaks when you push down on the pedal, you most likely have a clutch slave that is leaking and or is going bad. They're just plastic housings with a spring and they aren't known for being the most durable part in the world. Back when I still had a manual, I ended up going through 3 of them. If you're still under warranty, I would have your dealership replace it.

DCR JEEP

I got a brand new jk it currently has 1100 miles but the clutch pedal squeaks and really noticeable when it's cold I no it's a jeep I should have weird noises but this early ??? Anyone got any ideas?

I had the same problem at the same amount of miles with my 12'. My dealer replaced the whole clutch assembly and after 200 miles with the new clutch components it started making noise again. I took it up again and they said that they can't do anything to stop it from squeaking.

JayKay

Caught the Bug

There is a TSB on the '12 about spraying lithium grease on the clutch pedal return spring. Might be a place to start. My clutch and brake pedals both squeak.

Top Bottom