Weld in cage

Woody3

Hello all,

I'm in the beginning stages of looking for a weld in cage. I know most of the time cheaper isn't better but I also don't want to spend more than needed just to say I have "X" brand cage. That being said, I really like the price of the blue torch fab cage. What are your thoughts on this particular cage? I would add my own spreader bar behind the front seats and at the rear of the cage.

Btw, this is for a 97 TJ.

P.S. while we are talking about blue torch fab, what are your thoughts on their tube fender kit?

Thank you much,

Woody

OIIIIIO

pvanweelden

I did this kit in my tj, and added rear supports to it
Thought it was an excellent kit for the $
uploadfromtaptalk1388721485639.jpg
This was before finishing the paint on it

pvanweelden

^ yes, I ordered extra dom from btf and I got 4 of their grab handles ($5 each) and then cut and notched them to the front and rear

pvanweelden

I didn't want the typical bow out rear support, because backseat is for small children (headroom not important) but I wanted my trektop fastback to still work with it
uploadfromtaptalk1388722573342.jpg

Woody3

^ yes, I ordered extra dom from btf and I got 4 of their grab handles ($5 each) and then cut and notched them to the front and rear

Awesome, thank you for your help. Do you own a notcher or did you use the backyard approach with an angle grinder?

OIIIIIO

pvanweelden

Lol, good question! The bigger items go in the side cans, jumper cables, 2 tow straps, and 2- air hoses. tools go in the top 2 cans

pvanweelden

Awesome, thank you for your help. Do you own a notcher or did you use the backyard approach with an angle grinder?

OIIIIIO

I don't have a notcher, but a friend does :thumbup:
Straight pipe was 46 1/8" inside dim, notched 2 1/4" both sides, b to c pieces were 22" long, 2 1/4" notch one side, 1 3/4" other end, both at 22.5 degrees

Last edited:

Woody3

I have access to a bender "non kink style" but not a notcher. I'll have to ask around to see if I can find someone local who has one I can use for a couple days. I'd rather not use an angle grinder for notching. Lol

OIIIIIO

pvanweelden

Harbor freight has one, its cheap, and you will have to replace the hole saws often, but it does the trick, you use it with a drill press

Top Bottom