Starting a new build

zaid7

Hi guys I am getting ready to pick up my new 2014 auto Jk unlimited sport yes I know it's a sport but I couldn't outlay enough for a Rubicon up front. So I have a fair bit of experience with wheeling jks and my last rig was a twin locked on 35s.But now I am wanting to start from scratch and was hoping to get an idea from you guys in the states on what I should buy first and the order of things I should buy. Like do I start with armour, tires, lift kit, so on just wanting a basic idea of things I should buy first cheers guys

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Congrats. I always prefer to start with lift, seems easier to me to lift first and build around that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zaid7

Yep I sure have chosen a colour for some people are going to hate so are going to love but in the end I like the colour. We decided to go rock lobster but with a black hard top instead and added the alpine sat nav with reverse camera as it cost 5 thousand for the jeep sat nav go figure. I hoping to build this very capable rig for Australia I'm hoping for evo bolt on coilovers running 35s possible 37s but unsure as I don't really want to spend 6 thousand on a new front axle just yet but will see what the wife lets me get away with

zaid7

Also sorry for spelling and grammar dam phone abd tiny buttons

zaid7

The Down fall for me with doing lift first as the rig looks ugly with standard bars on it and such a big lift with stock tires Bering so small

Army_Vet

Banned
Yep I sure have chosen a colour for some people are going to hate so are going to love but in the end I like the colour. We decided to go rock lobster but with a black hard top instead and added the alpine sat nav with reverse camera as it cost 5 thousand for the jeep sat nav go figure. I hoping to build this very capable rig for Australia I'm hoping for evo bolt on coilovers running 35s possible 37s but unsure as I don't really want to spend 6 thousand on a new front axle just yet but will see what the wife lets me get away with

I thought you couldnt do 37's in Australia.

Rock Lobster is a great color too, but I am a lil biased;)

zaid7

Legally you can't but In saying that we are also only allowed 200mm of lift in total tires included their is a few of us guys that run 37s you just have to bite the bullet really.

Army_Vet

Banned
Legally you can't but In saying that we are also only allowed 200mm of lift in total tires included their is a few of us guys that run 37s you just have to bite the bullet really.

ahhh I see.

Right Rudder

Is Rock Lobster available on the 2014's? Thought that was a 2013 unique color.

zaid7

It is in Australia crush orange and geko green were cut out of the 2014 line up as it stands in Australia anyway

Rebel JK

I think it really comes down to how you plan to drive it/ type of terrain and when. Next would be based on timing of budget etc.
The very first thing I would do is get some decent rocker protection.

zaid7

I am going to order some this week looking at either Psc or evo sliders maybe lod as wife kinda short lol

Top Bottom