Vibration under seat

Lagavulin

When I approach the 50 mph range I can feel vibration under my feet and in the seat. Any ideas? Thanks
98 TJ sport
2" lift and new 33" tires

Woody3

Do you have a slip yoke eliminator?
Could be vibes from your rear driveshaft

This X2. If you don't want to go the sye route you could go cheap for now and drop your transfer case skid plate by an inch or so.

Another thought, do you have adjustable control arms? If so, adjust them so you reduce the angle of your drive line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody3

I also see in your profile you have new tires. If you've had the lift for a while with no problems, take your jeep to the tire shop. Out of balance rear wheels will make your seat vibrate. Maybe you threw a weight.

Lagavulin

I also see in your profile you have new tires. If you've had the lift for a while with no problems, take your jeep to the tire shop. Out of balance rear wheels will make your seat vibrate. Maybe you threw a weight.

Is rather not drop the transfer case. If I have to do a SYE I will but first il check to make sure the tires are balanced. If it is the tires would the vibration be constant? Te vibration I'm experiencing is fades in and out.

Woody3

In my experience, it seemed like the jeep would vibrate more at one speed than others.

My money is on out of balance tires but you can also check for play in your u joints

Woody3

I don't know why I said u joints, I was thinking and typing but had a disconnect between fingers and brain I suppose.

Check for play in wheel bearings.

Woody3

Yes but I'm not sure if they will cause a vibration like that or not.
I know wheel bearings will.

Woody3

Bad wheel bearings will also create a humming noise at highway speeds. If they are shot you will most likely see grease/oil on the inside of your wheel or even on the ground where the jeep is parked.

Lagavulin

Bad wheel bearings will also create a humming noise at highway speeds. If they are shot you will most likely see grease/oil on the inside of your wheel or even on the ground where the jeep is parked.

Ok so I should balance the tires and change the wheel bearings.

Woody3

Ok so I should balance the tires and change the wheel bearings.

I'm not saying to change them just yet.
If I were in your shoes, I would take my jeep to my local tire shop and ask them to re-balance my tires. While the rear wheels were off I would grab onto the rear drum area and check to see if there was any play (up down side to side). I would also visually check to see if I could see axle grease around the axle housing. Most likely the bearings aren't the cause of your problem but I wouldn't rule it out until checked.

Top Bottom