Gear sizes for 35s

KernHydro

I got a 2012 jku rubicon 6 spd I'm going to run 35s what gearing should I go with. I know I could run the 4.10s but I don't want to lose my craw ratio. I would like the gearing on road with 4.10s and 35s but I think it will be alittle fast going over rocks.

SoCalDozer

Pretty sure you would be fine sticking with the 4.10s. Specially with the 4.1 t case.

I plan on running 4.10s with 35s on my 6spd sport

StrizzyChris

There are many people on here talking about running 35's and even 37's with 4.10's and they are not complaining about a loss of power or need to regear any longer

jktubby

WOL is running 4.10 with 37s on his '12 Rubicon and he seems to be crawling rocks just fine. :thumb:

KernHydro

I have checked it out, it looks like 4.56. It just seems wrong to spend that much money to only go up one size.

Prime8

KernHydro said:
I have checked it out, it looks like 4.56. It just seems wrong to spend that much money to only go up one size.

No need to change gears with that tire size and the 3.6 motor.

StrizzyChris

You are absolutely correct. That's why most people would tell you to put them on your Jeep with your current gears and give it a try. What these gear chart's wont tell you is how your Jeep's gearing will respond to you driving through the west virginia mountains daily, or how you can easily get away with 3.73 if you live in Kansas.

My recomendation would be to go with your planned 35's on your stock 4.10's and re-gear later if you feel you must based on your personal driving style and the "feel" you want to experience when you accelerate. :twocents:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I got a 2012 jku rubicon 6 spd I'm going to run 35s what gearing should I go with. I know I could run the 4.10s but I don't want to lose my craw ratio. I would like the gearing on road with 4.10s and 35s but I think it will be alittle fast going over rocks.

we're running 37's with 4.10s on our 2012 auto and find that it does great on and off the trail. in fact, we just got off the rubicon and it performed extremely well with that setup.

KernHydro

Is it the same? I have the 6spd and Im not sure if it will be harder my clutch up trying to keep the jeeps speed down on highly technical areas. Does the torque converter allow you to get away with the higher gearing better? I dont want to regear but it seem to me the more reaction time and torque i have the better...

Last edited:
Top Bottom