ARB Twin Compressor under seat mounting questions

SaddleTramp

ARB Twin Compressor mounting questions

Hey guys, for those who have elected to do the under seat ARB twin compressor mount location, how/where did you all run your power wires to get to the battery?

Did you just cut off the connector plug or ARB in line fuses and splice back together to get through the firewall?

I know about the firewall drivers side clutch hole and the driver and passenger foam holes behind the dash side caps but curious what the best options are closer to the battery? Also found a hole behind the battery covered by some sealant tape but of course it's about an 1/8" too small to fit the ARB connector through.

Still trying to decide if I want to just do under hood mount or under seat.

Here's a pic of the supplied power wiring. Thank you for any help and suggestions.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388969668.578719.jpg

Also, anyone have any issues with using MORE bracket and the top of the compressor unit hitting the hood and leveraging it against the hinges when the hood is closed on a 2012+?

Last edited:

Serg5000

I did the under hood. However, I mounted mine about two inches from the battery. I just cut the cables and re-soldered them back together. I ended up with cables about 1 foot long. I used butt connectors, solder, and shrink tube. Worked out great.

liljohn850

I put my compressor under the hood. I used to have it in the back, but it's kind of loud. But, they sell a bracket for just what you want, or under the hood. Under the hood eases the pain of airing up after wheeling when you have sleeping kids/wife or if it's raining and you have those same people sitting in the seat it's under

SaddleTramp

Thanks guys, yeah, probably easier for the under hood mount. I did get the MORE under hood bracket but when I pieced it all together last night for a test fit, the compressor was pushing up on my hood enough to leverage it up at the hinges.

Maybe not a big deal except I still don't have the 90 degree fitting and a hose plumbed up to it yet and was afraid that would just push up against the hood even more? Just got me thinking about alternatives but I agree, my original idea is/was for under hood.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the under the hood mount. When you mount it properly it will not hit the hood. This is my set up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388976394.639731.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

SaddleTramp

I have the under the hood mount. When you mount it properly it will not hit the hood. This is my set up.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the pic Coz, it was mounted per instructions and my MORE bracket is shaped a little different than the one you have pictured. Yours is the one they still have pics of in the instructions, different than the one sent to me.

Albeit I didn't have everything tightened down, I did have all the risers in place per the instructions and all mounting bolts in the necessary holes to ensure proper alignment. I do have a 2014 so maybe that has something to do with it, :idontknow:? If it's putting pressure on the hood it may not really be a big deal just going to be tighter once the 90 deg. elbow is in place. I'll keep experimenting.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Im still undecided on where to mount myne, but I did order an amplifier install kit with 4g wiring so I can extend the battery wiring slightly easier if I dont install it underhood.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
For the guys running them inside, which I finally decided on, the trick to not cutting the wires is to use a "pin-out tool" on the big plug and pull the wires out. Then you can route them through the passenger side foam hole but has to be done red wires, then black since they end up a little large to pull all at once, learned this the hard way from not reading the instructions with my under seat kit. Im not worried about running air lines yet since I am still on the stock lockers.

Top Bottom