10A Spring Question

rescue7

Hello,

I am wondering if 10A springs will increase lift on my stock 2009 Rubicon? I have someone I can get a pair from, and was wondering if I would achieve any lift?

Thanks for reading, and for any input.

Atch

Hello,

I am wondering if 10A springs will increase lift on my stock 2009 Rubicon? I have someone I can get a pair from, and was wondering if I would achieve any lift?

Thanks for reading, and for any input.

JKU's won't benefit from stock springs swap like the 2drs will. I wouldn't bother.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree, I really don't think it'd be worth it even if you got them for free.

OJK12

I was just at a dealership that had two JKU's side by side one a 10th and one sport. The 10th seemed to sit about 2" higher in the front but they were the same height in the rear. You have a rubi so not sure how high it sits compared to a 10th but the only gain I could see anyone getting was from the front. I'm pretty sure I read that the 10th had a 1/2" lift from the factory over standard JK's but I could be wrong for sure. Overall I'm sure any lift kit would be better than bothering to swap springs its not hard but if your gonna go through the trouble to swap factory springs you might as well lift it even with just a spacer lift. Just my personal thoughts.

jeffd

It depends on what stock springs your present wrangler has. If it has 17 or lower number on the front and 58 or lower on the rear you for sure will get a nice bump up in height. It only takes a couple hours if you take your time to swap springs. I replaced my 17/58 springs on my jku with 18/60 that I got for the price of shipping and it raised in an inch or so which for me was well worth two hours of my time. I think 10A springs would raise it even more unless you already have 19/60 springs.

I do know a guy who put a 1.5" tera flex performance coil kit on a 10A and go 0 lift and when I put one on my jku I did get about 1.75" front and maybe .75" in the back and that was replacing the 18/60's

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was just at a dealership that had two JKU's side by side one a 10th and one sport. The 10th seemed to sit about 2" higher in the front but they were the same height in the rear. You have a rubi so not sure how high it sits compared to a 10th but the only gain I could see anyone getting was from the front. I'm pretty sure I read that the 10th had a 1/2" lift from the factory over standard JK's but I could be wrong for sure. Overall I'm sure any lift kit would be better than bothering to swap springs its not hard but if your gonna go through the trouble to swap factory springs you might as well lift it even with just a spacer lift. Just my personal thoughts.

Just so that it's clear, 10th Anniversary Rubicons also run 265's as opposed to the standard 255's that all Rubicons come with. This is a taller tire and does provide a taller stance.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just so that it's clear, 10th Anniversary Rubicons also run 265's as opposed to the standard 255's that all Rubicons come with. This is a taller tire and does provide a taller stance.

I believe the 10th anniversary comes with 265/70R17 KM2 which are actually slightly shorter, but wider than the 255/75R17 on the standard rubicon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the 10th anniversary comes with 265/70R17 KM2 which are actually slightly shorter, but wider than the 255/75R17 on the standard rubicon

Not from what I have seen. When Off Road Evolution first got their 10th Anniversary Rubicon, their tires clearly looked taller than a standard Rubicon sitting next to it.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Not from what I have seen. When Off Road Evolution first got their 10th Anniversary Rubicon, their tires clearly looked taller than a standard Rubicon sitting next to it.

You're probably right, especially in a real world scenario. I haven't seen a 10th and standard right next to each other. But going by BFG dimensions, the 265 is 4 tenths of an inch shorter than the 255. We all know in the real world, those measurements don't always mean anything. Brings us back to the whole 35s measure 33, don't need to get away from the OP.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're probably right, especially in a real world scenario. I haven't seen a 10th and standard right next to each other. But going by BFG dimensions, the 265 is 4 tenths of an inch shorter than the 255. We all know in the real world, those measurements don't always mean anything. Brings us back to the whole 35s measure 33, don't need to get away from the OP.

Oh yeah, what is listed on a website or written on a sidewall NEVER = what a tire actually measures up to. Regarding the 10th, I never even knew that they had a different size tire until I saw the one Off Road Evolution got. Looking at it, I was surprised that the tires looked bigger and decided to take a closer look. That was the first time I really took note of the fact that they were 265's. Getting back on topic, I believe it is this more than the coils that give the 10th's a slightly taller stance.

Top Bottom