Time for new shocks !!

Spartan

I'm planning on going with the EVO tuned Kings, but I have also heard good things about Rancho.

TheDuff

A lot of people on here swear by Bilstien 5100s

Transmitted from a M.C.D. named J.A.R.V.I.S.
Although 5100s are a well built shock, they are Not what most that have run multiple kinds of shocks would consider a soft ride.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ronyyo

Although 5100s are a well built shock, they are Not what most that have run multiple kinds of shocks would consider a soft ride.

Great, that's what I want to hear.
Soft ride is most important to me.
well built, not so much since most of them come with a lifetime warranty, or not?

TheDuff

Warranty probably varies from manufacture to manufacture. I know Eddie has mentioned being very happy with his rancho 7000's, a few local guys have 9000s and are happy, but get the impression that the 7000s are the softer of the two. Of course if cost isn't an issue the EVO spec kings would be my first pick, paired with plush ride coils, since the coils are gonna be the bigger determining factor of the ride.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Warranty probably varies from manufacture to manufacture. I know Eddie has mentioned being very happy with his rancho 7000's, a few local guys have 9000s and are happy, but get the impression that the 7000s are the softer of the two. Of course if cost isn't an issue the EVO spec kings would be my first pick, paired with plush ride coils, since the coils are gonna be the bigger determining factor of the ride.

Interesting. I guess I always assumed the 9000s were softer because of the adjustability. I too am looking for a soft riding shock to throw on the JKU. Anyone with experience with both of these shocks (Rancho 7000s and 9000s) that can confirm? Not to hijack, but can anyone suggest a soft riding 2" spring as well?

Top Bottom