Corbeau Baja RS

Briguy114

I know there are a bunch of people with the Mastercraft Baja RS seats, but has anyone had any experience with the Corbeau Baja RS? Reclining mechanism is broken on my stock seat and I just can't spend over $600 on one seat with the bracket

suicideking

Subscribing. I like the way they look and eventually want to get seats that will accomodate a 5 point belt.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ive sat in some of their car race seats and they were nice, no expierance with the others tho. Just went on the site and you can see what seats look like in our jeeps which is kinda cool.

funfred

I've sat in a bunch of Corbeaus side by side. I liked the Baja XRS but if you want colors, they're black only.

My concern is the nanny-state electronics associated with the airbag system. I've yet to find a definitive solution that won't, A) blow up in my face, B) give me idiot lights and bells.
This would be for a 2014 with base model packaging.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I've sat in a bunch of Corbeaus side by side. I liked the Baja XRS but if you want colors, they're black only. My concern is the nanny-state electronics associated with the airbag system. I've yet to find a definitive solution that won't, A) blow up in my face, B) give me idiot lights and bells. This would be for a 2014 with base model packaging.

I bet with the right resistor wired in you wouldn't have issues

liljohn850

I've sat in a bunch of Corbeaus side by side. I liked the Baja XRS but if you want colors, they're black only.

My concern is the nanny-state electronics associated with the airbag system. I've yet to find a definitive solution that won't, A) blow up in my face, B) give me idiot lights and bells.
This would be for a 2014 with base model packaging.

Airbags to the face are fun!

On a side note, I just unplugged the sensor under my passenger seat. Granted it's a 11. I have a light on, but no annoying dings after startup.

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.

Briguy114

Also wondering about the install. Is it the same as the Mastercraft? Haven't been able to find a write-up anywhere

funfred

If you ask me, MC and Corbeau look like clones of each other in the pics. I haven't seen the MCs in person.
MC brackets bolt right up to the Corbeau seats, or so I've heard.
I don't know who was on the market first. I suspect Corbeau, making MC the clone if there's that much similarity.

I'd like the airbags to function normally. If not, I'd just as soon have the entire system removed. :D

Caboose

I run a set of Corbeau Baja RS seats in my 2dr. Ordered them with heated inserts and did the install myself. Install is super easy, as far as jeep stuff goes, just need a decent size breaker bar to break the factory bolts loose. The driver seat is very straight forward, just mount up the JK specific bracket, swap over the seat belt plug and bolt it into place. For the passenger seat it took a little extra time due to the passenger sensors in the factory seat. Just need to cut the hog rings securing the fabric to the seat and follow the wires to pull the sensors out of the seat cushion. Take your time and don't pull too hard, as the sensor is a little delicate, but it is very easy to do. Then pull the hog rings from the new seat and slide the sensor into the same position as it was on the factory seat. Carefully route the wires and secure them to the new seat bracket (I used zip ties) and make sure to leave enough slack for the seat to slide forward and back without pinching anything. Replace the hog rings you removed earlier, then bolt it in and enjoy! I absolutely love mine. Hands down one of the best upgrades I have done to date for sure. If anyone would like pictures, just ask and ill go take a few in the morning, but seeing as its 4am right now i dont want to go out in the dark and rain :eek: They look pretty much exactly the same as the Mastercraft seats, but they say Corbeau on the headrest :doh:
The one and only downside to these seats is the loss of the fold and tumble feature of the factory seats, but this only applies to 2dr guys like me, and to be honest, it really isnt much harder to get in. just slide your factory seat all the way forward and fold it without pulling up for the extra room to get an idea. And really, the back seat spends most of its time on the garage floor, so no biggie :clap2:

hog ring pliers/rings are super cheap
http://www.amazon.com/Hog-Ring-Plie...d=1389516743&sr=8-10&keywords=hog+ring+pliers

Briguy114

I would love to see some pictures. I'm planning on doing the driver seat first because my reclining mechanism is broken then if I really like the seat I'll save up for the passenger side too

Caboose

Trust me, you'll love it. The week after I installed them, I drove from Denver to Jacksonville. Super comfortable. I'll get some photos as soon as I get a chance (I'm at work)

Caboose

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389659701.983475.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389659715.751833.jpg
I used the factory plastic side cover and modified it to fit the new seat bracket. It needs a little work, because one of the plastic tabs broke, but it looks really nice

Briguy114

So I took the stock seat out of the Jeep today to see if I could figure out what was wrong with it and found that it was sort of rusty in there. Sprayed it with some liquid wrench and got it freed up, but now it won't lock in place. I'm going to give the liquid wrench a little more time to work and see if maybe it loosens up the locking mechanism. If not I may have to buy the Corbeaus

TheDuff

My 09 jkur only had 1 sensor, on the drivers side to deal with. I picked master crafts since I had sat in several different seats and liked them the best. Plus got a great deal on 2 seats with brackets for under 1k shipped to my door... just had to wait 2 months for them to be made. 1390090759286.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom