What size tire?

Manitoba JK

I have a 2" AEV lift on my 2013 wrangler Sport 2 door. How big a tire can I put on and still have decent room for off road articulation. I'm leaning toward Goodyear Duratrac tires for all round performance including ice and snow which I drive a lot in. 33" the max or can I go 35"?

I guess back spacing is a concern too. Right now I'm running stock wheels will I need 4 1/2" back spacing for 35" tires?

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

I would do 35's, but then again I am doing 35's with stock suspension + 1.5" front(only) coil spacer, and trimmed fenders. With proper bump stop ext and a 2" lift 35's would be perfect! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
33's will be a good fit with full factory fenders. If you trim them or run flat fenders, you can probably run 35's with some trimming of the pinch seam.

jeffd

I know it is probably different on a 4 door but I have a 4 door with 2" aev kit. unless you go with flat fenders there is no way I could run 35's without rubbing. You will also need to extend your rear brake line bracket otherwise the brake line is too tight at max droop. this is with 285/70-17 (32") with stock rims and 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers. Without spacers you will rub on your sway bar up front and be very close to the control arms in the back. this was not maxed because the brake line was too tight so I stopped.
IMG_20131031_111413_354_zpsa6aeb29f.jpg

IMG_20131031_110514_641_zps447677ad.jpg

IMG_20131031_110445_343_zps524dc01d.jpg

bl17z90

I know it is probably different on a 4 door but I have a 4 door with 2" aev kit. unless you go with flat fenders there is no way I could run 35's without rubbing. You will also need to extend your rear brake line bracket this was not maxed because the brake line was too tight so I stopped.

If you're interested, that can be easily solved by either getting extended brake lines or drop brackets. I would be nervous if my Jeep flexed past my brake line length.

13gecko

I have a 2" AEV lift on my 2013 wrangler Sport 2 door. How big a tire can I put on and still have decent room for off road articulation. I'm leaning toward Goodyear Duratrac tires for all round performance including ice and snow which I drive a lot in. 33" the max or can I go 35"?

I guess back spacing is a concern too. Right now I'm running stock wheels will I need 4 1/2" back spacing for 35" tires?

I ran 35s with stock fenders and no lift for about a week on my 2013 2dr. But thats only because I was beside myself with excitement and was waiting for my lift. :D Although everything worked fine I wouldn't recommend it. Looked pretty goofy and the articulation wasn't very good at all. With your 2" lift I think 33s would look and perform great. If you go with 35s you will probably lose a little articulation unless you trim your flares. Ultimately it's your jeep and your call.

sent from phone to interwebz

jeffd

If you're interested, that can be easily solved by either getting extended brake lines or drop brackets. I would be nervous if my Jeep flexed past my brake line length.

believe it or not I went home and ordered a TeraFlex brake line bracket that day and a couple days later I had it on. I have not been back to the ramp yet to see but it lowered it a good couple of inches. Fronts had pleny as I had removed the factory brackets per AEV's instructions.
IMG_20131125_191600_954_zpsa7304899.jpg

liljohn850

Thank you for the advice. I think 33" are the way I will go along with new wheels with 4 1/2" backspacing.

You can do 2 inches of lift with 35's and bump stops. Every jk owner I know that first bought 35's quickly regretted it and desired or purchased 35's.

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.

Top Bottom