A Wave from KS

section8jk

hey ya'll just wanted to introduce myself my names Frank I'm in the army and i just PCS'd to Fort Riley KS. I've have a Bright White 2013 Jeep JKU Sport, with 2.5 TF coil lift and Bilstein 5100's, 33'' Baja Mtz and classic III's, 10A front and rear bumpers with 10k XRC winch. I'm new to to jeep world, I've owned 2012 Ram 1500 with 8'' of lift on 37's before my jeep, and before that it was mainly sports cars. My truck was awesome off road plenty of power big, enough lift to clear a lot of stuff and very very comfortable, but the reason i got into a JKU was a friend of mine got his F-150 stuck an very badly so i figured i could pull him out not a problem, i get down to him start trying to pull and got no where at all just start digging ruts and getting myself stuck to we stopped. another one of our friends called his brother who had a 2012 JKUR with a 12k winch and 37's on it the works real nice rig, well he hooks up with his winch and just starts pulling him out like it was a toy and ever since then I've kinda been stuck on the JK's and about 4 mths after that i got myself a JKU sport and have been slowly moding here ever since but thats all about me heres my rig and the old dodge just incase anyone wanted to see it.

347uvxt.jpg

288aw44.jpg

n562xz.jpg

k9au8i.jpg

toys4rocks

Welcome to the wayalife, nice rig and thanks for your service. I've got a buddy out in central kansas and we get together and wheel at randolf st park every now and then maybe we'll see you up there some time.

section8jk

thanks guys

Welcome to the wayalife, nice rig and thanks for your service. I've got a buddy out in central kansas and we get together and wheel at randolf st park every now and then maybe we'll see you up there some time.

don't worry you'll probably see me there over the summer/ spring unless i deploy soon

section8jk

yea I'm up for it just let me know, do y'all plan on camping out or is there a place close to get a hotel or something i only as cause i have a 1.5 yr old and i don't know how he's gonna deal with sleeping in a tent thats my only thing, i have no problem with it tho

FireWire79

KS Rocks

I was stationed at Riley for 4 years, and actually grew to love it there. Kinda miss it now, in retrospect. Anyways, besides Randolph, make sure to check out Tuttle Creek ORV. It's about 20 minutes from Manhattan, and is an awesome park, put on by the Army Corps of Engineers. There are usually a lot of events out there, and an annual "Jamboree" put on by Briggs, which is a blast. Another big park in the KS area is KS Rocks, which is about 4 hours from Riley in the middle of absolute nowhere. Not a bad park, lot bigger than Tuttle Creek, and better trail markings. But the drive is kind of a deterrent.

Anyway, enjoy your time at Riley, and "Duty First"! :rolleyes2: Also, if you have any questions, let me know.

toys4rocks

I agree about Ks rocks, nicer park, but I'm lucky it's about the same distance for me, maybe a little closer to Ks rocks

Cavscout263

Welcome to wayalife. I am also in Riley. My jku is not looking as sexy as yours but I hope to one day. Hit me up if you want to go wheeling or anything.

Top Bottom