Cheap headlight upgrade??

Sugarbear

Is there a cheap drop in bulb or cheap headlight upgrade I can do to my 2014 we all know how the stock lights suck tryin to do it on the cheap cuz of saving for lift and tires

Sharkey

Word Ninja
IMHO, no. The problem with the stock set up isn't just the bulb, it is also the optics/reflectors themselves. There is a reason many people will tell you that the single best modification they have made to their highly modified Jeeps is the addition of Truck-lites.

Before Truck-Lites came along, people did everything from E-Code lens/housing replacement to the NR4x4 IPF (I think it was IPF) replacement. Some of these options are about half the cost of Truck-Lites, but the results aren't nearly as good and, again in IMHO, aren't worth the money even though they are less.

You may get some yahoos telling you about budget HID conversions using the OEM housings. Do yourself (and everyone else on the road) a favor and don't waste your time. It may not seem like a glamorous mod, but Truck-Lites are the way to go and are well worth the money.:thumb: If you want to spend more, JW Speakers rock too but they are NOT inexpensive.

Atch

I agree^^^^ I have the truck-lites and love them! Everyone I've heard of trying to get by cheap on their lights are still looking for a better solution. Do yourself a favor and save time & headaches and spend a little more than planned and only buy once!

ChaosNein

If I might interject here, I have ran the SilverLight bulbs in search of a cheaper solution and they were simply NOT what TruckLites are. I now run TruckLites and can say that they are worth every cent.

FrankenJeeper

Has anyone had any experience with the KC HiLites replacement headlights? I believe quadratec has them for about $100. I've been curious about them if they're worth the money.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cajun JK

I have tried several bulbs and was not happy with either. I decided to pull the trigger and ordered the truck lites bundle from Northridge.

jjbroze

I replaced the stock lights on my 2011 JK with the KC H4 headlight conversion kit and I'm happy with the result. The KC kit improved the low beam output, giving me more light in front of the Jeep and the high beam output was better. It was a simple "plug n play", I didn't even need to adjust these lights. They give you everything you need to do the H4 conversion and these lights are DOT legal. I've have been using these lights since August 2013 with no problems. For normal street driving, the price ($109.00) makes this upgrade a cost effective upgrade over stock.

Asinine

I just ordered a set of Lifetime LED bulbs for $140. Supposedly plug n play. On back order for another week, but reviews have been great from others.

biggy

If you want hids do it properly and the results will be better then what trucklites are. I just ordered at set of projectors from hidprojectors.co.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Putting new bulbs in housings with bad optics is kinda like giving a nun a boob job...pointless. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom