Hello, as per your experience whats is your recommendations Bully Dog GT for Jeep (4

iM7md

Hello,
as per your experience whats is your recommendations Bully Dog GT for Jeep (40440) or DiabloSport Trinity Tuner for JK 2012 3.6L, Pros & Cons please

jkjurny

Hello,
as per your experience whats is your recommendations Bully Dog GT for Jeep (40440) or DiabloSport Trinity Tuner for JK 2012 3.6L, Pros & Cons please

I went with the Bully Dog for two reasons.

1. Price (got a deal for $429)
2. Several reviews that the Trinity has RF interference that impacts the radio and other RF

I have no major complaints on my bully dog. There have been two occasions though where my Bully Dog started acting wierd when I used 2M frequency on my ham radio.

BadApple

I have had both but in other vehicles. Diablosport is one of the best tuners on the market in my opinion. I dont know the options it has on the JK though.

Mustafa

Bullydog gt for jeep

I am literally installing my gt for jeep as im typing this ill get back to ya on what I learn later today. So far easy install. update the sd card that comes with it to ensure that your getting the latest software and firmware from Bullydog. Plugged it in and away it went. Only "weird" thing I noticed was fan came on as it started to Dl.. talked to Alex@Bullydog "he's the owners son, and a very good friend" he said its normal no biggie just make sure the batt is full charged when ya start.

iM7md

I am literally installing my gt for jeep as im typing this ill get back to ya on what I learn later today. So far easy install. update the sd card that comes with it to ensure that your getting the latest software and firmware from Bullydog. Plugged it in and away it went. Only "weird" thing I noticed was fan came on as it started to Dl.. talked to Alex@Bullydog "he's the owners son, and a very good friend" he said its normal no biggie just make sure the batt is full charged when ya start.

Excellent, please carry on & come later back to share your experience :)

Mustafa

Allrighty day one with the bullydog. Drivability is much better. We did the 91 octane tune. Driving over the sisters it maintained 5th gear at 75 mph. Mine is a 6 speed manual .Used to bog to 65 or less. Comming back from our wheeling trip today bucking a 35mph headwind. It was cruising ar 75 to 80. On cruise. Im amazed. dont think it added alot of power just seems to have changed where the power is used the 1000 to 3500 range .. Im dissapointed with the locker controls, swaybar control, and the adjustibility of our tire pressure sensors. Disable seems to work though. None of it works correctly in my opinion, or could be a hell of alot better. Ill be talking with the programmers at Bd and attempt to fix or improve these issues

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

iM7md

Allrighty day one with the bullydog. Drivability is much better. We did the 91 octane tune. Driving over the sisters it maintained 5th gear at 75 mph. Mine is a 6 speed manual .Used to bog to 65 or less. Comming back from our wheeling trip today bucking a 35mph headwind. It was cruising ar 75 to 80. On cruise. Im amazed. dont think it added alot of power just seems to have changed where the power is used the 1000 to 3500 range .. Im dissapointed with the locker controls, swaybar control, and the adjustibility of our tire pressure sensors. Disable seems to work though. None of it works correctly in my opinion, or could be a hell of alot better. Ill be talking with the programmers at Bd and attempt to fix or improve these issues

Thank you for sharing, Wish u luck with the programmers :)

Angry Aussie

Allrighty day one with the bullydog. Drivability is much better. We did the 91 octane tune. Driving over the sisters it maintained 5th gear at 75 mph. Mine is a 6 speed manual .Used to bog to 65 or less. Comming back from our wheeling trip today bucking a 35mph headwind. It was cruising ar 75 to 80. On cruise. Im amazed. dont think it added alot of power just seems to have changed where the power is used the 1000 to 3500 range .. Im dissapointed with the locker controls, swaybar control, and the adjustibility of our tire pressure sensors. Disable seems to work though. None of it works correctly in my opinion, or could be a hell of alot better.

I have the bd tuner and feel the same way. Love the way it drives now like you said moving the power to the right spot.. I am also unhappy with the locker and seat bar functions mine don't seem to work at all. Just the idle up part for winching. Let me know what bd says about the issues.

funfred

I was interested in a tuner and went to Diablosport's website to check things out. I ended up on their forum and that's all I needed to see.

Won't be buying anything made by anybody until it is glitch free.

Mustafa

Diablo sport is decent too i believe thats whats uaed when installing the Ripp supercharger. I was more interested in having ultimate control over my drivetrain. Just sucks it doesnt work like we imagine it would . I had a conferance call with. The software engineer and hopefully we see some changes.

Tcdawg

Mustafa said:
Diablo sport is decent too i believe thats whats uaed when installing the Ripp supercharger.

You are correct. Ripp writes their tunes for the DiabloSpprt tuners

Tcdawg

jkjurny said:
I went with the Bully Dog for two reasons. 1. Price (got a deal for $429) 2. Several reviews that the Trinity has RF interference that impacts the radio and other RF I have no major complaints on my bully dog. There have been two occasions though where my Bully Dog started acting wierd when I used 2M frequency on my ham radio.

I run the DiabloSpirt Trinity. I have not noticed any radio interference when it's pugged. I would think it would do AM more so than FM. I know it hasn't affected my FM. I'll have to check it in AM next time I have it plugged in.

Mustafa

Ok a few months have gone by with the bullydog gt for jeep. I have been talking to their tuners. This mofo still dont work right. The power and drivability is getting better each time but none of the "special functions" work.... So i called my sponsor from 2012 (Edge) and they are throwin a superchips trail dash at me to try. Ill repost my findings as soon as i install.

Mustafa

Worked with Bullydog some more on the gt for jeep. You all should be able to update and retune by now this newer tune seems much better than the previous. Averaged 17 mpg after a almost 400 mile trip around south wester Wyo.

Top Bottom