Nitto Trail Grapplers or Toyo Open Country M/T

Parker "P.T." JK

Im looking to get either one of these tires and want your opinions on them. I am getting them in size 35x12.50R17 and want your opinions on them, thank you!

ZERO LIMITZ

I'm running the TOYO's and Love them, I've wheeled up in Colorado, Texas, Kansas, and Ohio and up and down the highway all over and my TOYO's still look good and have lots of tread on them..... I have about 40000 miles on them and they ride great running trails or traveling at 75-80 mph I don't know how many miles I'll get to put on them but from what I'm seeing it's gonna be a lot....... I haven't run the other tires but from what I'm experiencing out of the Toyo's that's what I would get......

DA RUNT

Friend of mine find the Toyo in that same size and loves it. Airs down to 9-10lbs without beadlocks and has never broke a bead. Great traction in lots of different terrain. Mine are on order in that size also :)

Serg5000

I was thinking about Toyo's for the sidewall they have. I have always run BFG's but their sidewall always seems to suffer out in the desert.

GCM 2

Tough call

Man, you may just have to flip a coin on this one. Both of these tires are probably the best all around daily driver/serious offroad tires available right now. They seem to share very similar attributes and that makes sense because they are made by the same company. For me, since I run 40"s, it usually comes down to what tire is not on an "unknown back order" status. It's the only reason I purchased MTR/K's, nothing else was available. Toyo's or Nitto's......I vote either one! You can't go wrong with either choice :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
what GCM 2 said. they are both made by the same manufacturer and both do exceptionally well on and off pavement. after a lot more testing, i have found that the rubber compound on the trail grapplers are softer and do a bit better hooking up on the rocks but, because of this, they tend to wear out bit faster than too. just something to consider.

Indefatigable

Being that some of us can really only internet shop for tires as there is no local retailer/stock ever on Nitto....

Best internet pricing on Nitto? I have seen the 37x12.50R17 Trail Grapplers vary by over $100/tire...

KernHydro

discount tire is probable the best place or tire rack. I can get tires at "cost" and discount some times is right around the same price...

Yeti-09

Hands down Toyos! I'm the friend ^. I've had my 35s for over two years and love them. I did notice an increase of road noise after airing up and down every weekend. But hey take the top and doors and and you can't even hear the tires lol. But seriously the Toyos are nice, about to upgrade to a set of 37s come October.... WISH I could afford $600+ a tire for 40s!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hoping to order up my Nittos soon!

I realize this contributes nothing to the debate, but I'm excited to get 37s on my rig. :)

Serg5000

MTG said:
Hoping to order up my Nittos soon!

I realize this contributes nothing to the debate, but I'm excited to get 37s on my rig. :)

Zero contribution is what we do best. Kind of like this post.

Top Bottom