Evo 1/4 with cheese!

Rubitron

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389498436.643311.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389498460.624175.jpg
Did anyone have to notch out their bumper in order for the warn powerplant 9.5 winch to for on the Evo 1/4 pounder?!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
do you mind taking a front shot photo? i'm thinking about the same winch but would like to see how it sits in the 1/4 pounder -thanks!

OC Paul

I bought one about 4 months ago and the winch dropped right in. Yours looks a little different across the front than mine. This winch installed for me in about 45 minutes. The fit is tight so I used a strap to drop it in and a box to protect the grill.

IMG-20140112-00150.jpg IMG-20131229-00141.jpg

Brendon

Also used a grinder to gain a little more clearance, no big deal.

Attachments

• image-2653455712.jpg
    image-2653455712.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 244
  • image-733173655.jpg
    image-733173655.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 240

jorgelrod

Hooked
I see you're running a Powerplant with synthetic line and roller fairleads, I was told by someone that you should use a hawse fairlead if you run synthetic and roller fairleads if you run wire cable. Any truth to that? How's the Synthetic faring for you?

Jorge

Last edited:

Rubitron

I see you're running a Powerplant with synthetic line and roller fairleads, I was told by someone that you should use a hawse fairlead if you run synthetic and roller fairleads if you run wire cable. Any truth to that? How's the Synthetic faring for you?

Jorge

Yes you are correct I just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet! I haven't bought a hook yet either lol! I wouldn't recommend using the roller fair lead for a synthetic winch cable itself just to be on the safe side but if you would like to donate one that would be awesome for a poor college student!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes you are correct I just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet! I haven't bought a hook yet either lol! I wouldn't recommend using the roller fair lead for a synthetic winch cable itself just to be on the safe side but if you would like to donate one that would be awesome for a poor college student!

doesn't eddie run synthetic with roller fairlead? i've wondered about this also..

biggy

Daystar makes a roller fairlead for synthetic I believe.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

Yeah I think I've seen him run that set up also? Hmmmmm?!

If a roller fair lead has never had steel cable ran through it, you can use synthetic line. The rollers can be to rough and cause damage to your line, if previously used with steel cable.

Rubitron

i think if the rollers aren't chewed up or special rollers?:thinking: maybe he'll chime in.

Yeah actually mine are kinda chewed up from the previous winch cable at a couple extreme angles I have had her in. But now I'm debating either order the polyurethane rollers or buy an aluminal fair lead?

Yeah actually mine are kinda chewed up from the previous winch cable at a couple extreme angles I have had her in. But now I'm debating either order the polyurethane rollers or buy an aluminal fair lead?

You might be able to keep it and just sand it down to smooth it out. Not sure if that is possible. Wondering....

Sent while sitting on the crapper.

Top Bottom