A new wave from a familiar Alberta face

TBird

Hey just thought I'd share that my frustration with my green 2010 2 door grew to the point of trading it in. So here's my brand new 2014 JKUR. What a difference!! Can't wait to put all my old stuff back on this rig minus lift and tires.

Attachments

• 1389499870599.jpg
    1389499870599.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 66

beans

Hey just thought I'd share that my frustration with my green 2010 2 door grew to the point of trading it in. So here's my brand new 2014 JKUR. What a difference!! Can't wait to put all my old stuff back on this rig minus lift and tires.

Hello Hello!! :) We have a 2012 two door and love it :D Was it the older pentastar engine that bothered you? Was it space issue? Just curious about what frustrations you said you were having :)

TBird

Hello Hello!! :) We have a 2012 two door and love it :D Was it the older pentastar engine that bothered you? Was it space issue? Just curious about what frustrations you said you were having :)

Well it had the 3.8 and the manual 6 speed. They put 35's on it but kept the stock 3.21 gears. I stalled that thing at least a couple times a day and that includes pulling out into busy traffic and leaving me in the middle of the road with busy traffic coming at me. Not cool at all.

Second thing is that I love driving standard. But this standard is a damn hassle. And after shifting a couple hundred times a day at work as a truck driver, the novelty wore off fast.

Now although the standards aren't a lost cause offroading and rock crawling, but with having 3.21 gears and 35's, an auto 4 door is obviously the better choice for a lazy person like me. And I didnt just regear because I didn't want to put money into a D30 when I wanted a d44 so it has some chance of not blowing to pieces while crawling.

And then theres all the little things they improved on over the older models and all that space. Its a much better long term investment. Plus I love how the 4 doors look topless. Oh and I get preferred pricing because of work. Can't say no to that.
/endrant

Last edited:
Top Bottom