Hey all you texas folks

Chairokey

Here in the big country it doesn't seem that there's any good places to wheel at all. Does anyone have any insight on some good destinations for me?

Prime

hey hey

welcome fellow Texan!! nope no really good places to wheel in Texas all of them out of state really..

Chairokey

I heard of a place a month or to ago, I think it was called devils playground, somewhere east of Dallas. I saw pictures of it and I'm not sure if there's good trails or if it's just a murders paradise..

TX_JK

I live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. There are two placed to go wheeling up in this area. One is in Bridgeport, TX. They have an offroad park that requires and OHV sticker on your windshield to go. I believe its $20 or $25 per vehicle per day to go. All the trails have names and are all marked with signs. I was there about 3 years ago when they were building the place. Its about 3 hours from you.

http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322

The other place thats 6 hours from you is east of Dallas in Gilmer, TX. Its called Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area and is run by the Texas Motorized Trails Coalition. Its 1800 acres of trails for Jeeps/Motorcycles/ATVs. You can get a trailmap at the front office. This place is more like the Superlift OHV Park in Hot Springs. This place is a blast.

http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Another place in Mason, TX called Katemcy Rocks.

http://www.katemcyrocks.com/

There's also a place in Clayton, OK where a lot of local jeep clubs have runs just north of here.

Hock Edition

the first thursday of every month in Killeen, at the Pluckers there is a jeep night if any of yall are near that area
here are some pictures when i had my TJ 179915_2369912305176_259701863_n.jpg 384289_1627276939756_850198455_n.jpg 381234_1627279499820_2100337291_n.jpg

johnny_t

There is a park just west of junction I believe in Edwards County that is 5k acres. Buddy went during the summer and said it was awesome. Can't remember the name though

Shaka

Hock Edition, when you get state side, holler out and we'll make Pluckers night in K-town. Might get a group of Grunts to make the drive to Marble Falls

Hollowpoint515

Hey guys I'm new to the area too I just got to fort hood a couple weeks ago. Now I'm leaving for Afghanistan in a few weeks. I'm down to get some wheeling done before I have to go. I've got a stock jku with flat fenders I'm amazed with what I can do without lockers and stock tires. So lets plan something I got kids to keep in mind also. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371044512.310627.jpg

Rooster jk

There is a jeep club in Amarillo that has access to a huge ranch in Palo duro canyon.......this year's jeep challenge is Sept 27-29......website is jeepexclusive.org. search Palo duro jeep challenge on youtube.....cool place

LadyJeeper

My husband and I have hit several of the parks here with our local chapter of Military Jeepers. Here is my personal rundown (in no particular order):

1. Hidden Falls- Pretty good place, probably been there about 20 times. Trails are rated 1-5 but the ratings aren't really accurate. Some are easier, some are harder. This park is heavily used so trails get rutted out really quickly and when it rains the washout damage is impressive. The trails can be different every time you go, but in general, its a good place. Nice camping area, and a shooting range too. Air on site. There are only a handful of "big boy" trails out there. 4" and 35's will take you almost everywhere, and we have even drug stock TJ's through the majority of the park. There are a few tricky spots to entertain yourself with. Mostly hill climbs and rocks, and dry creek runs.

2. Rock Trails of Tolar- definitely fun for the guys who like BIG ROCKS. Some great technical spots there, and a few light tails (offcamber through the dried creek type of stuff). There is also air on site here. Good place to go, although it's kind of a ways out there.

3. Bridgeport OHV- Fun all around place. A little bit for everyone: hill climbs, muddy creeks, rocks, etc. Trails are rated here as well for each type of vehicle (ATV, UTV, 4x4). There are some really great technical spots here too, and these trails are some of my favorites. Winding through the woods with big rocks everywhere. Great stuff. No Winch Hill is a great one (a little bit of pucker factor if you go down instead of up!). This place is nice for a weekend trip because you can stay in town really close to the trails. Air on site.

4. Canyon's Off Road Park- This place was a TON of fun. You'll come across rock bouncers on the trails, all kinds of serious rigs. This place is definitely a big boys playground. The first thing they asked us when we rolled up was "are y'all locked?" I'm open diff and went everywhere the locked guys did, occasionally with a little bit of a harder time. Definitely grab one of the guys to be a trail guide out there! You'll be thankful for the recovery rig :) Really like this place. Air on site.

We plan on hitting Long's Ranch soon (heard its ok, not very big but theres a few good obstacles and a river to swim in), and BVORR in College Station as well as Barnwell.

Hollowpoint515

You should check out cline ranch too it's a minimum of 200 so if we can get 6 rigs that's only 35 a piece

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Is there anyone in West Texas? I know theres quite a few from our West Texas Crawler group but I figured I'd see if there were any others (specifically in the San Angelo area where I am).

In San Angelo, we have public trails that are pretty fun ranging anywhere from pretty tough to pathetically easy. It's a great place to get your fix and camp out if you want. I really wanna do a night run when it starts getting dark around 6 :brows: it's called Twin Buttes Reservoir if anyone is interested.

pathfinder

I'm in the dfw area and I have been wanting a night run my self

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom