2011 jk resonator delete

dentdude36

hello, Im looking into replacing stock exhaust for better sound and looks, has anyone removed their resonators? can any exhaust shop do this, any info greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

liljohn850

I just removed the back section of the whole exhaust...mine now dumps just over the axle pointing down. I welded in a flowmaster 40 series. Just cut out either 19 or 21 inches, I don't remember which. Welded the muffler on and boom. done, and cheap. and I think it sounds pretty good.

Jeepmaverick

Running with no muffler sounds pretty good at idle and low RPMs but gets a lil ricey up higher or if you're heavy on the throttle and is VERY loud. Easy to take off...just buy an aftermarket muffler, they're bout half the size and sound pretty good plus not too pricey. I'll take a video if you want and post it. I have mine taken off from welding on the rear axle and wanted more room, been too lazy to put it on

dentdude36

if you can great, I was planning on getting the gibson dual metal melisha exhaust i have read great things about it but was curious as to haw much better sound I would get eliminating the resanator as well

liljohn850

if you can great, I was planning on getting the gibson dual metal melisha exhaust i have read great things about it but was curious as to haw much better sound I would get eliminating the resanator as well

IDK if money is a concern, but any muffler shop can in a flowmaster for pretty cheap. Espesially if you take the exhaust off and just bring them the exhaust pipe to cut and weld the muffler in. Or even go a step farther and measure out the cuts, cut the section out with a grinder/dremel/hack saw and bring em the muffler and two pieces of pipe

Top Bottom