Gen Right tire carrier

zaid7

I'm really hooked on the Gen Right tire carrier with the Psc rear bar but my question is it comes in either steel or aluminium which do I go for?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wwood

I'm really hooked on the Gen Right tire carrier with the Psc rear bar but my question is it comes in either steel or aluminium which do I go for?

Don't know what you mean by the PSC rear bar but I just asked Genright this question (alum vs steel) when I ordered the aluminum version a few days ago. I was told there is no material difference between them except that steel rusts and alum does not and price, steel is $100 cheaper. Maybe weight is a factor to some. Steel 73lbs, alum 53lbs, only a 20lb difference. Both are equally strong - built to handle 42" tires/wheels. Both install in the same manner. I also noted on their webpage that the steel version is available black powder coated, alum is not. I ordered the alum carrier from Northridge 4x4 but was just told the alum is out of stock and would take 2-3 weeks to deliver directly from Genright. Will ask about steel availability today when they open, if steel is available now I will change my order to steel. I think the carriers are normally shipped bare (no box) so I would not get powder coat since that would probably raise the price a lot since it would have to be boxed to protect the paint.

I want to use PSC (or Genright) rear corners but neither Genright nor PSC has ever installed the Genright carrier on PSC or Genright corners so they cannot tell me whether the combo will work well or not. So far no replies to my earlier post on this forum asking if anybody has used this combo and how it works.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Don't know what you mean by the PSC rear bar but I just asked Genright this question (alum vs steel) when I ordered the aluminum version a few days ago. I was told there is no material difference between them except that steel rusts and alum does not and price, steel is $100 cheaper. Maybe weight is a factor to some. Steel 73lbs, alum 53lbs, only a 20lb difference. Both are equally strong - built to handle 42" tires/wheels. Both install in the same manner. I also noted on their webpage that the steel version is available black powder coated, alum is not. I ordered the alum carrier from Northridge 4x4 but was just told the alum is out of stock and would take 2-3 weeks to deliver directly from Genright. Will ask about steel availability today when they open, if steel is available now I will change my order to steel. I think the carriers are normally shipped bare (no box) so I would not get powder coat since that would probably raise the price a lot since it would have to be boxed to protect the paint.

I want to use PSC (or Genright) rear corners but neither Genright nor PSC has ever installed the Genright carrier on PSC or Genright corners so they cannot tell me whether the combo will work well or not. So far no replies to my earlier post on this forum asking if anybody has used this combo and how it works.

Some guys that have installed corners, not sure of brand, but you can just weld tabs on and then youd dont need to install the normal plate that comes with the carrier over the skins. I mean you could also just weld that plate onto the skin as well if you wanted to.

I went with the steel carrier, waited what seemed like forever. Then called and got lucky that someone canceled their order that was a powdercoated version. Genright is not the fastest to build parts and northridge will tell you that. Very solid carrier however.

zaid7

What I ment by psc was the poison spider rock brawler rear bar without tire carrier.

Thanks for the clarification on the two different types I have a local store with to aluminum in stock just not sure to buy or not as I'm stock so it will look funny

Top Bottom