Best after market dana 44 axles?

Chet

I have a Dana 30. I want a 44 with lockers for a fair price but durable. What's the best option for a fixed budget?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well, the "best" aftermarket option is to get a dynatrac prorock 44 unlimited. it's totally worth saving up for, trust me. just play with your 30 until you can afford the upgrade.

Jeepin it

How much can you build up a 30? Iam looking to run 38s one day and just thinking you could up grade all the running gear? Or would it be easyer to put a 60 under the front and beef up the 44 in the rear?

Jeepin it said:
How much can you build up a 30? Iam looking to run 38s one day and just thinking you could up grade all the running gear? Or would it be easyer to put a 60 under the front and beef up the 44 in the rear?

I don't think the 30 will last with that size of a tire. Also gearing for that tire will make the ring and pinion weak on the 30.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

personally, i don't know if it's worth it to build up but, being that you're in australia and that you probably don't see the kind of terrain that we do in the american southwest, you might be able to get a d30 to work with 38's so long as you leave the front diff open and install some c-gussets to help prevent them from bending. of course, if you can afford to have it shipped out to you, a prorock 44 would be the better way to go and of course, it's hard to go wrong with a 60.

Chet

Thanks! I plan on making that upgrade soon! With a 4.5" I plan to break my 30 soon! 👍💩

Jeepin it

wayoflife said:
personally, i don't know if it's worth it to build up but, being that you're in australia and that you probably don't see the kind of terrain that we do in the american southwest, you might be able to get a d30 to work with 38's so long as you leave the front diff open and install some c-gussets to help prevent them from bending. of course, if you can afford to have it shipped out to you, a prorock 44 would be the better way to go and of course, it's hard to go wrong with a 60.

Thanks for the info, you are right about the terrain alot of what we have is mud/ clay tracks and river crossings not to many rocks for rock clawling. I think there are some sites that will post over here its somthing to look into in the near future. Thanks mate.

Top Bottom