Help need on stuck bolt.

14Sport

If you can't loosen the bolt then penetrating oil and a breaker bar. If the head is snapped off then an easy out. That's what I do anyway.

use some winter green oil on it. If you are having trouble getting the socket to grip use some milk of magneseum on it. I know it sounds goofy but it works. I use this all the time getting bolts and screws that are heated to over 1100* F on Naval aircraft.

R/
Will

14Sport

use some winter green oil on it. If you are having trouble getting the socket to grip use some milk of magneseum on it. I know it sounds goofy but it works. I use this all the time getting bolts and screws that are heated to over 1100* F on Naval aircraft.

R/
Will

Never heard that one but I am certainly intrigued. Do you just brush it on the sides of the bolt head and let it dry, then put a socket on it?

Dune Crawler

Thanks for the info I'll try using some oil on it. The steering wheel bolt is what's giving me so much trouble and headache ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389650915.298788.jpg

Army_Vet

Banned
Thanks for the info I'll try using some oil on it. The steering wheel bolt is what's giving me so much trouble and headache View attachment 64458

So are you using a clutched drill to try and break the torque?
im just trying to follow you here.
The head does not look rounded yet, I would use a socket breaker bar and cheater pipe if needed.

These bolts can be tough to break after a few years but not to the point where they are impossible; the worst part is the shaft turning while you are trying to apply the torque

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you have the room, use a 3/4" ratchet and the top half of a pump jack handle (as a breaker) to snap it loose. A little heat may help as well.

Never heard that one but I am certainly intrigued. Do you just brush it on the sides of the bolt head and let it dry, then put a socket on it?

Use it like you would WD-40. Let it sit and then put a socket on it. Works like a champ and even clears your sinuses.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Elusive

If you are having trouble getting that bolt out of your STEERING system perhaps you should pay someone to do the work or find someone that knows how to spin a wrench to help you.

Top Bottom