sport cages For Two DOORS

Prime

I have been researching putting a sport cage in my two door, My question is after looking at poison spider , rock hard, or fab, river raider, and smitty built SRC. why is it that smitty built and river raider have the rear protection for the back? or am I missing something from the other brands? i haven't found the others with a rear section of support?

If not has anyone put river raider or Smitty built cage in there two door? I wheel with my children and I want them to be protected also. Thanks in advanced!

dhughes

Banned
I've installed a river raider cage in my 08 two door. If you can or have someone that can weld its not a hard kit to install. I had no problems with fit and love the look of the cage. Also painting will need to be done once installed and that is kinda a pain. I ended up having mine painted by a professional. One downside of the cage that I found out later is a frameless top will not fit because of the rear bar. You could possibly rotate the bar during installation to get the clearance. Not 100% on that.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
this reminds me I need to email or call them about the rear section and running a trektop. I know someone said they make a different bar for that aplication. I have the front (not installed yet) and think I want to run the full system.

pvanweelden

I had to make a different bar for running the trektop on my tj, after looking at rtguy's pictures, it seems the same- there is no way a trektop will work with that rear c pillar bar.

Top Bottom