backspacing for evo's bolt on coil-overs

KernHydro

I need help figuring out what wheels I can run with my EVO bolt on coil-overs. Any brands that are recommended. What is the max amount of back spacing...

KernHydro

I thought I read 3.50 or 3.75 .I'm having trouble finding wheels with that little of back spacing in 17". obviously atx works.. But what non bead locks work.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don't think you will find many options. Remember though, you could run Spidertrax spacers to get the backspacing you need.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
as mentioned, 3.5" or less is what you want and, as highoctane said, atx slabs and spyderlocks (same wheel) come with that. of course, wheel spacers will help do the trick to with other wheels. this back spacing requirement is needed to help you clear your front coil overs at a full stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I got three questions about backspacing
1) Do I STILL need 3.5" of b.spacing if Im only running 35s ( with the EVO bolt ons ). 2) about how much back spacing is need with the a standard SPRING lift. 3) On the Atx web site it list rim "offset" is these the backspacing? because it says -38 offset for the 17x9 slab what is that. here the slab link...http://www.atxwheels.com/wheels/?wheelid=AX7567&siteid=5&groupid=51

1. probably not or, not unless you get them in a wider than 12.50 width. i would contact evo to make sure but, i'm pretty sure that i'm right.
2. with a standard spring lift, you will want 4.5" of back spacing if you plan on running 12.50 wide tires.
3. the 17" atx slab wheels come with 3.5" of back spacing.

StrizzyChris

I got three questions about backspacing
1) Do I STILL need 3.5" of b.spacing if Im only running 35s ( with the EVO bolt ons ). 2) about how much back spacing is need with the a standard SPRING lift. 3) On the Atx web site it list rim "offset" is these the backspacing? because it says -38 offset for the 17x9 slab what is that. here the slab link...http://www.atxwheels.com/wheels/?wheelid=AX7567&siteid=5&groupid=51

offset is distance that the hub mounting surface of the wheel is from the middle of the wheel. a negative offset means the wheel mounting surface is further into the wheel towards the back. Backspacing is the distance of the hub surface from the rear lip of the wheel. the smaller the number(ie 2.5") then the mounting surface is closer to the inside/back lip than a 4.5" back spacing.

Sooooo a 9" wide wheel(like the atx slabs you mentioned) would have its centerline being at 4.5". The -38mm you mentioned is right at -1.5". If you subtract 1.5" from 4.5" (center) then you have a backspacing of 3"

Hope this helps and isnt to confusing. It sounded right in my head when I typed it lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom